Cigars, Knives, and Drink Pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaryMc, Sep 10, 2016.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

Surely I'm not the only cigar smoker on the forum, so thought I'd start a cigar thread, feel free to throw in knives, drinks, whatever into your pics. I'll start it with this:

Time for a Cohiba La Republica Dominica with a little ESEE flair thrown in for the pic!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

vBlake, Bushman5, Dagwood and 2 others like this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

This was earlier today:

My view of the game on the iPad sitting in my Great-Grandmothers antique rocker enjoying a good Mr. B's cigar, LIFE IS GOOD TODAY.......

[​IMG]

3. Boker55

Boker55 Member

Ole Nicholls High School bout whooped em...

JMJ likes this.
  4. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@Boker55 Yes sir they did, Dawgs played sloppier football than I've seen in a while. Kirby will have his foot up some butts all week long I imagine.

5. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

A very large Drew Estates Undercrown this afternoon.

[​IMG]

Dagwood and mike like this.
  6. Nether

Nether Member

Ever try a Don Pepin Black ? Really good cigar. Partagas #2 (Cuban), list goes on and on :)

GaryMc likes this.
  7. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@Nether Don Pepin Black yes, loved it. Partagas #2, no but have had a lot of Cuban Cohibas and Cuban Monte Cristos which are usually amazing. I tend to smoke Cohiba when I'm in the Caribbean and they are available. I'll give that Partagas a try next time I'm there. My personal favorites are Opus X Lost City, any Padron, or Cuban Cohiba's when I can get my hands on them. Have a humidor full of Opus X for holidays and special occasions.

[​IMG]

elgatoloco, Bushman5 and Nether like this.
  8. Nether

Nether Member

I wonder, when the embargo ended, did the price of Cubans go up ? They are tremendously expensive in Canada. There are certain ways around paying the CDN tax. Order from an Indian Reserve or from the US and hope they slip past customs. I no longer can smoke them, unfortunately. I was in an apartment fire and smoke inhalation messed me up enough that I can't take cigar smoke anymore :( sucks, as I really really love cigars.

Bushman5 and GaryMc like this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@Nether The US embargo is still on Cuban cigars, you can bring back I think a box if you visit but that's it. Still no importing. Hoping that changes as I love the real deal Cohibas. Really sorry to hear your situation you can't smoke anymore, agree that sucks but living through a fire is a good thing as opposed to not living. I know I need to give them up too, but they are my stress reliever. Maybe after I retire.....

Nether likes this.
  10. Nether

Nether Member

Ah figures, politics :)

I also took em up as a way of dealing with stress. Brother committing suicide messed me up a little. Funny, he used to smoke cheap gas station cigars, ugh. If he had tried a "good" cigar, he would have known true bliss.

JMJ and GaryMc like this.
  11. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

12. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

Buddy picked up two boxes while in England from Winston Churchills alleged cigar shop.

Attached Files:

GaryMc likes this.
  13. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

image.jpeg

GaryMc likes this.
  14. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

My UZI Weighs a Ton size XXL tonight. Pretty good so far half way in.

[​IMG]

15. Nether

Nether Member

Have you tried the Ghurka Ghost ? I heard it was quite good. I almost ordered some despite my predicament. I fall off the wagon from time to time :)

GaryMc likes this.
  16. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

I have never had a Ghurka I liked.

GaryMc likes this.
  17. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@Nether I've tried a lot of different Ghurkas so not sure on that one. I used to buy Ghurka samplers from Cigars International so had lot's of different Ghurkas, they were hit and misses but my favorite Ghurka is Ghurka Classic Havana, delicious cigar, lots of peppery flavor with hints of milk chocolate, made in Nicaragua. Amazing cigar!!!!!

18. Nether

Nether Member

Yeah, I had always avoided them as I heard from several sources they were quite expensive for their quality. I stuck to a lot of the popular Honduras, Nicaragua and of course Cubans.

Some of the tastiest cigars I had were from Rocky Patel. 1999 Connecticut, for instance. And there was a dark reddish box pressed cigar that was delicious. Tasted like milk chocolate and some sort of dried fruit. Far better tasting than I could describe.

'scuse the editing, had to fix some grammar and a date was wrong - googled it :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    GaryMc likes this.
  19. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@JackLondon Try a Ghurka Classic Havana, awesome cigar. It does not even look like a typical Ghurka and tastes like nothing else in their lineup. I've probably had more Ghurkas I did not like than I did so agree they are not something I buy very often any more. Always got good deals on samplers and kept trying them though.

Nether likes this.
  20. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

Rocky Patel definitely has some good cigars, agree on that Connecticut, Decade is another good one.

Nether likes this.