Would love an Esee 3 in SS

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by CWB, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

AEB-L, Nitro-V, LC200N...

The first two can rust a bit with severe long term exposure, but good luck getting them to rust day to day.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Eric Kendrick and CWB like this.
  2. CWB

CWB Member

Excellent steels. Also CTS B70p, s110v s35vn do well in a salt water mix.

Eric Kendrick and Reno Lewis like this.
  3. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

@CWB I was born and raised right on the FL/GA line on the ocean. I kayak the rivers and estuaries camping for days along the banks and barrier islands. I carry a 3 or a 4 every time I leave. Salt has never been an issue, not once. Folding knives have been a different story all together. I wouldn't carry a carbon steel folder or any kind of slip joint knife unless I just hated the knife. I'm not trying to shut you down, perhaps just ease any apprehension you may have. I'd buy a stainless 3 because I want one but not because I feel I needed it.

If you're ever in the Jacksonville area and want to bust out for a day or weekend drop me a message. I'm just north across the line in GA and am always hunting an excuse to ditch dry land. Take care and welcome to the sunny (and humid) southeast.

Josh and CWB like this.
  4. Josh

Josh Member

I live near salt water. Most of my outside time is at the beach. I would like a stainless 3, PR 4 or CR2.5 for fishing and beach stuff. I have no need though.

My family keeps getting me knives for gifts and I got a OKC RAT 3 for my birthday last year. I like it a lot. So a stain less upgraded version could be handy. A plastic version would be cool too!

I never had much of a problem with rust on a sheath knife. My BBQ grills only last about 2 years before they rust out though. (Got a stainless one from Lowe’s this time around and it’s Looking good after a year.) Never had a problem with a stainless knife like some people say they have.

I am about 400 feet from Long Island Sound in CT.

Kaw-liga likes this.
  5. Josh

Josh Member

6. Eric Kendrick

Eric Kendrick Member

I'd buy a stainless 3 in a heartbeat!!!! Let's make it happen Jeff.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. Eric Kendrick

Eric Kendrick Member

It just makes so much sense to produce the 3 in stainless. IMHO, the thinner blade width of the 3 lends itself perfectly to tasks such as cleaning fish, processing game along with other meal prep chores. 1095 will obviously perform the previously mentioned tasks very well but I say if stainless provides a lower maintenance option, and you have the consumer support, then why not produce it? Once again, the above is only my opinion and I have nothing but respect for the ESEE team and their great products... products I have come to trust to maybe one day save my life.

8. CWB

CWB Member

well, glad we have one coming. not sure it was that the Esee group listening to our request or they already had planed. Either way I'm super excited.

Now when can we get that plastic one?

Strigidae and mwramos76 like this.
  9. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

They were listening. They are always listening.

CWB and Chris Talley like this.
  10. IW17

IW17 Member

That's a good thing. My fiance says I never listen. Or something like that. I wasn't really paying attention.

CWB, Strigidae and DiscoveryLover like this.