Who makes ultimate Duck tape???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lost-n-the-woods, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Lost-n-the-woods

Lost-n-the-woods Member

I am wanting the ultimate duck tape for my kits. I can wrap it around my Sawyer water filter. Use it for whatever need be in the woods, on the trail, survival… I see the original Duck tape, gorilla, T-Rex and others… what is the finest a man in the woods could have with him for whatever need be?

2. on edge

on edge Member

I've used Gorilla brand on several projects and it's surpassed what I thought duct tape was capable of. It's my go to now.

3. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

I would say Gorilla really impressed me, it's been well over a decade so hard to say if anything changed but I had a front valance held on with it, basically made out of it, for 50,000 miles and they weren't easy miles. For your use you want to look at thickness as well, footage can matter as much as strength at times.

4. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

Another one for gorilla tape, I also find it doesn’t deteriorate in the sun/heat as bad as regular duct tape does.

Zeek and Lost-n-the-woods like this.
  5. Skip808

Skip808 Member

100% in for Gorilla Tape for me also. I use that stuff way more than I probably should.

6. ASH

ASH Member

I was in the exchange today and they had 90mph and 100mph tape. I didn't pick them up and check them out but that's how they were labeled. I don't know how they compare to other tapes. I think I was told the best tape is used on submarines.

7. Bozho

Bozho Member

We don't have Gorilla here, but 3M makes some tough tape.

8. jbs121s

jbs121s Member

Check out zip tape. They sell it at home improvement stores for sealing seams on panels for home building. It's the stickiest and toughest tape I've ever found.

9. Scablands Scavenger

Scablands Scavenger Member

I will throw in another vote for gorilla. I normally carry the small 1" roll in any pack I carry, and a few rolls in my truck and boat. The stuff sticks good, have some on my wife's car bumper and held my speedo cable down out of my line of sight on my motorcycle for several thousand miles. I normally wrap my ferro rods with a few feet, and put a little on spare firing pin to help keep it from rattling in the handle cavity.

IMG_20221025_170927475_MP.jpg

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Another vote for Gorilla tape

11. TerryD

TerryD Member

We used Gorilla tape to repair a canopy we use on the beach every year figuring we'd get a new one soon. It made it three more years of beach trips, birthdays and camping trips before the frame collapsed in a rain storm.

Lost-n-the-woods likes this.