recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. rcems2000

rcems2000 Member

Bought a Sig Mpx 20201004_221132.jpg

Attached Files:

artigas, Bluelew, Twoody88 and 9 others like this.
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

...... that ESEE patch may be the only one I own.....besides a few flags. I will be adding a roof console so will need to see where that finally rests before I start decorating.....but yet it seems I will add more... :D

3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Level IV body armor plates and a bunch of stuff for my trauma kit as well as my VP9.

Twoody88, JV3 and Zeek like this.
  4. Bozho

Bozho Member

Carinthia Defence 4 winter sleeping bag.
    Used a few times and 1/4 the price of a new one. Top deal:cool:

sac-de-couchage-carinthia-defence-4_12.jpg

Twoody88, T-Bone, artigas and 5 others like this.
  5. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

Air Kayak. 20200731_144259.jpg 20200731_144328.jpg
    Aquaglide 125 Blackfoot.
    Can be configured for one or two paddlers.
    Designed for fishing.
    38lbs

T-Bone, Bluelew, artigas and 7 others like this.
  6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Not a purchase but a gift from @Twoody88. Thanks again bro 20201014_143426.jpg

7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Yet another gift from a guy in here, @erik. Thank you again so much brother! My new pack will definitely have a great start for filling it back up! 20201023_181233.jpg 20201023_181241.jpg 20201023_181305.jpg 20201023_181555.jpg

8. Andy the Aussie

Among other things a can of this....
    CE3AF3BB-C73E-4C96-AFAA-4995D272BAD0.jpeg

T-Bone, Strigidae, JV3 and 8 others like this.
  9. Bozho

Bozho Member

Single AA beast. I already had the AAA version for about an year and couldn't resist on the AA + the colour is awesome and I have plenty of batteries in that size.

IMG-2aae247bea64ad7d4e93264fcb8b3ec2-V.jpg IMG-f2daa946d0e388f60e97b6208aac8a15-V.jpg IMG-87ca4d952f9aff5a9319e6af67fc2905-V.jpg

10. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm almost done moving all my primary lights to surefire.

[​IMG]

11. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

20201103_184602.jpg 20201103_184622.jpg some bussekin and customs from@Mythical_Beast . Top ones for a friend second is for the woman and the mega rat is for another friend. But the alpha reg 9.5 is all miinne !

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  12. CCMI

CCMI Member

Not sure if you’d had a chance to use it yet, but what are your thoughts on the Stiletto?

13. JV3

JV3 Member

i started using it a few days ago. my first impression is i like it a lot...my thoughts:
    - it's pretty flat so it feels like a knife in my pocket...i like how it just disappears too with how the pocket clip is positioned.
    - i like the tail cap switch a lot...the tail cap turns the brightest on no matter what mode i'm currently using. before this i was using a combination of surefire tactician for emergency with a surefire titan plus for everyday lighting. i still like them both so i think it'll take me awhile to pick one over the other. for in-the-pocket-while-at-home though then the stiletto wins hands down.
    - i like the usb rechargeable battery...i have cables all over and it's easy enough to stick one in my pocket if needed. bars/restaurants/cars have usb so it's edc friendly.
    - i haven't broken any yet but the pocket clip is super beefy like the tactician and not like on the other lights. it's easier to clip it on my front pocket compared to the normal clip.
    - if i have to find a complaint then it's the side notches for grip. i don't think it'll slip out but i prefer very aggressive checkering for when i'm wearing winter gloves. i don't care about damaging anything with it since my sleeve wallet is the only thing that'll share pocket space with it.

C99c, CCMI, ASH and 1 other person like this.
  14. C99c

C99c Member

Ordered some dead blow hammers from Trusty-Cook Inc. Tuesday. Was waiting on my porch when I got home today.

Awesome tools, made in the USA and they don't waist anytime getting them to you.

https://trustycook.com/product-category/hammers/

Twoody88 and JV3 like this.
  15. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

16. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

A few more gifts from Harold. I wish he would take no for an answer, lol, I have no more room for things haha. I did need a proper first aid pouch though. 20201111_172336.jpg

17. C99c

C99c Member

Are you going to run rechargeables in the EDCL1-T? I've switched over on all my lights except my EDCL2-T.
    It's my favorite hand held due to the size, output and UI, but I'm tired of buying batteries for it. I need to find some rechargeables that work with it or send it out to be modded.

JV3 likes this.
  18. JV3

JV3 Member

orbtronic 16340 and 16650...i get conflicting info from people whether or not rechargeables work with surefire lights so i figured i'll just bite the bullet and try them first hand on the specific ones i own. i've been using several 18650 (from orbtronic, surefire, and fenix) with my 2 fury tactical for about a year now and there are two youtube videos showing a 16650 working fine in a tactician so there's a good chance that 16340 will work in the single cell ones too.

i'll use it for a few weeks and report back if i fried or blew up any of them :)

[​IMG]

perfect timing...see above. i just received them a few days ago and tried a 16340 in the e1b-mv and edcl1-t (both use 1 cr123) and it works fine. the 16650 works fine in the tactician and g2x tactical (both use 2 cr123) as well. i did a quick side by side test with fresh surefire made cr123 and i can't tell a difference inside the house wall testing...i don't know when i'll get around to it but i need to do side by side test outside in complete darkness to see if i can tell a difference then.

the 16340 will not fit in an x300/x400 though - it's a tad too long for it to close...but since those are weapon-mounted lights i'm okay with sticking with surefire disposables to ensure maximum reliability.

now here's a big no-no from what i've read but i tried two 16340 (in series) in the g2x tactical (600 lumens), tactician (800 lumens) and fury (1,500 lumens) for the hell of it and all of them turned on just fine although it only looked like 100 lumens or so.

with all battery types i left each one turned on for at least 5 minutes each several times (letting them cool down in between) in maximum brightness and did have a fire extinguisher in hand just in case but none of them blew up or anything like that. temp-wise i didn't notice anything out of the norm either...with the g2x i left both on side by side (with orbtronic and the other with disposable surefire in series) for at least 15 minutes and measured head temps with a heat gun every 2 minutes or so and both never got hotter than 115 deg f or so.

in short, i feel safe enough to continue to use the orbtronics based on my initial testing. i don't know if it'll reduce the emitter's lifespan and by how much but i'm willing to take that risk.

C99c and Strigidae like this.
  19. Andy the Aussie

Just bought my first ever “Smart Phone”. A used iPhone8. In fairness I have had a “device” for a decade or more but always the company’s. My own phone has always been (happily) just that a “pensioner phone” that just makes calls and text. Anyway I did some shuffling of plans for ours and Internet and the one for my personal number came with “data” and my old phone was network locked so I simply bought a handset identical to my issued one as both my cars are setup with cradles etc for that and frankly I know how to use it :D

20. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Not sure about the land of OZ but in canada the cell phone companies arnt allowed to lock devices anymore and all you have to do is call in the provider cx service with Serial and imei #s of said device and poof .. Unlocked !