Off-road Friendly Clothing Companies

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by TerryD, Nov 4, 2020.

1. TerryD

TerryD Member

As an avid off-roader, it hurts to have to shop at places like REI and Patagucci where I know my dollars are being used to help the fight to limit my access to great outdoors destinations.

But I'm on the hunt for a down style outdoors jacket for hiking and I was wondering if any of you gents had a line on a company that's off-road friendly.

I know about Off The Grid Surplus, and their stuff looks nice but they don't make the style jacket in looking for.

C99c likes this.
  2. C99c

C99c Member

You'll probably have to check out something like TAD or Prometheus Design Works if looking for both quality and less chance of cooperate BS.

https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/co...digan-expedition-green?variant=32852970963030

I'm sure there are other small companies and maybe some larger ones that want to sell products more than they want to limit other folk's rights and opportunities, but I'm not aware of any.
    Maybe Duluth Trading?

Hill People Gear should make more clothes. That would be awesome.

Twoody88 and TerryD like this.
  3. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

We've been to 4 Overland Expo events....TAD/ Prometheus are always there....

Hill People gear are often there and Patrick and I both have one of their Windcheater Jackets. I like it a lot.

ArcTeryx and Mountain Hardware are two brands that we've had great service out of.

TerryD likes this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

...... @Jeff Randall has been seen wearing one of those down/puffy jacket things regularly.....he may be able to point you toward something that would suit.

Cheers

Andy