New Leatherman knives

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by C99c, Apr 21, 2019.

1. C99c

C99c Member

Fast forward to now. I bought a P2 to try out as a daily carry. Took it as my only tool on a weekend moto-camping trip. The P2 did great, making adjustments and trail fixes on the bikes, setting up camp, cleaning a suicidal squirrel and making stew with said squirrel.

I like the locking mechanism and pocket clip. I'm going to add a bit of traction to the handle and figure out a lanyard set up for riding and fishing, but otherwise think it's going to be a great edc. So yeah, I was wrong.

2. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

How is the pivot mechanism? I’ve been carrying my wave lately and like most of the tools but compared to my Swisstool (too heavy these days) the opening and closing leaves a lot to be desired. In fact if I don’t close in the right sequence with the wave, the pliers will lock up inside their cavity and I cannot close the tool.

3. C99c

C99c Member

I've had that happen with the Wave. I haven't had it happen with the P2, but I've also not owned it long.

I have discovered an "issue" with the oho blade function. Due to the distance between the thumb slot and pivot, and the fact that the blade contacts the tool beside it, opening requires more finesse and force to open it than a Wave, Charge, etc. I think I'm going to add a thumb stud with a flush screw on the opposite side and possibly slot the top of the tool next to the blade.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    The Marsh Gorilla and Delkancott like this.
  4. C99c

C99c Member

Update: added some traction to the grips, haven't added a thumb stud or bar yet. Still really happy with the the tool.