Most Meaningful Christmas/ Holiday Presents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Dec 18, 2016.

1. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Well it's that time of year again we're folks might get a few extra cool things then normal.(7 days until Christmas ! ) We all know the New knives, Toys, ETC.. BUT that is not what I'm talking about. When I say meaningful It doesn't have to mean pretty or new. Doesn't even have to be a physical object to be a gift or present. You guys and gals hopefully see where I am going with this.

So I am curios what was the most meaningful gift or present you have received over the holidays?

Again it doesn't have to be a object!
    Memory's
    Time Spent with someone
    Someone special items ( Grampas Knife or pipe Etc.)
    Birth of your own child
    ETC.

2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I have a few but one that sticks out to me is on a job on Christmas Eve in to early Christmas morning after busting my butt to turn a plane and get the crew and cargo back to safety and their holiday festivities. They handed me and my team a large black trash bag full of personal cereal bowls and boxes AND 4 dozen personal bottles of REAL MILK!!! I know what your thinking...Oh Ah Cereal and milk BUT having not even seen REAL milk in months and the only available cereal is granola....

Needless to say we all got Milk Drunk and chow cereal and some banana bread and invited folks from all around to break cereal and drink milk with us!!

(I know at least some of you understand what I'm talking about :) )

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    mwramos76 likes this.
  3. olderguy

olderguy Member

I look forward to spending time with my son and his girlfriend most of all at this time of year. Great conversation and food !!! Presents are completely secondary for me at this stage of life.

4. jeeter

jeeter Member

I'm with you on presents being secondary.

For me, I look forward to spending some time off work with the wife and kids. I'm the family cook, so I'll usually make 3-4 different Christmas cakes/cookies and let each of the kids help out. They have a blast with it.

5. SEMO

SEMO Member

Southeast MO, Mississippi River Bottom flatland
    Perhaps the favorite gifts are the smiles on my family's faces when we get together. We live many hours away from all family, and usually only see one another at Thanksgiving and Christmas time. I love to see the excitement in my nephews and nieces as they open gifts (my children are in their mid and late teens and the youthful excitement is gone). I love to buy noise makers for the young ones to take home!
    My wife and I try to create a special memory each year for our children. Not always a gift; sometimes a trip: shopping for a less fortunate family/wrapping the gifts/then delivering them. Visiting the children's floor of a hospital with toys. Handing out fruit at the rest home. Giving away socks and peppermints at the VA hospital. There are so many ways to invest in others and build memories with your children.
    Find someone who is down, find a way to make them smile; most often that will make you smile. :)

mwramos76 likes this.
  6. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

ManOfSteel likes this.
  7. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Member

We tend to plan family vacations and outings rather than gifts outside of what we do for the kids. Time spent is always a favorite for me. I always enjoy anything someone personally made. My favorite gifts recently have been the cards my now 4 year old likes to make.