Looking for a terrasaur

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by Stayinsharp, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Stayinsharp

Stayinsharp Member

Anybody got one they didn’t love and wanna let it go?

2. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

I can hit up Joe to see if he has an extra one.

Stayinsharp and 87Burban like this.
  3. Stayinsharp

Stayinsharp Member

That’s be awesome. I’d like to do a decent written review on our forum and a comparison to a carbon Garberg.

4. Stayinsharp

Stayinsharp Member

If you do in fact have Joes contact I’d love to share these pics with him... I ended up buying two terrasaurs... and I’m kinda disappointed to say the least. I wanted to do a review head to head here with the Garberg....unfortunately I ordered two terrasaurs from amazon, paying full price... and this is the crap I got....
    both have uneven grinds, one has burn marks on the grip, one has heat treat issues showing on the blade, and both handles are off center, both have rounded spines that will not even hold their own with the rounded mora spine from a companion HD.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    mtngoat likes this.
  5. beestokk

beestokk Member

Yikes - the one (worse of the two) looks like it was maybe used and returned? Either that or that one def slipped through the cracks. I don't have a Terrasaur but have other Condor knives and while a little rough (though the newer stuff has better fit and finish, my micarta Primtive Bush Knife is pretty well done) they're nothing like that.

Stayinsharp likes this.
  6. Joezilla

Joezilla Member

Yikes, I don't know what happened to either of those. Send me the pictures and I'll get you replacements for both. I am literally 30 minutes from a week long camping trip so it will have to probably wait this wee. send me them to my email address . I sent you it via PM. I'll be on top of a mountain this week so please forgive me.

7. beestokk

beestokk Member

Now that's customer service! In my limited interactions with Joe over on BCUSA he's been a great guy! Keep up the good work Joe! Overall I'm a Condor fan and your reply here is a big part of the reason why!

BobbyRatTail and mtngoat like this.
  8. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

Thanks Joe

9. Stayinsharp

Stayinsharp Member

I gotta say I thought the same thing that the one with the worse handle may have been used and sent back to amazon in exchange or as a return. However, the blade still had the factory oil and virtually no marks on it. (The ones you may see on the edge are from me feather sticking an old piece of tulip poplar... which both knives did very well)

beestokk likes this.
  10. Stayinsharp

Stayinsharp Member

Thanks Joe! I’ll be sending the really bad one back to amazon as I agree with beestokk and think that someone may have had it and made it worse than it was and then sent it back. although there are visible problems with it other than the grip, a company rep shouldn’t have to stand by that if someone had it befor me. I’ll send you more pics direct to your email. And give you a bit more info about myself and what I do. Thanks Joe. Enjoy the trip.

Chris Talley and beestokk like this.
  11. erik

erik Member

Joe is good folks.

mtngoat likes this.
  12. Stayinsharp

Stayinsharp Member

There’s no doubt there. He’s already communicated with me and is working to make it right after his camping trip.

erik and beestokk like this.