Just Ordered an Izula

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by TWBryan, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

I bought one from Ebay,the seller has a 100% feedback rating and plenty of sales so I'm not too worried. There's some schmuck on amazon selling a bunch of fakes of esees and beckers. Hopefully they will catch on to him quick.

What I bought was a desert tan Izula that comes with a kit. I am probably going to put a pair of Becker BK14 scales on it when it arrives. I would like to know if I should just pick up the black G10 scales for it from esee or go for tkc scales? Are they worth the extra money? I plan to get a set of tkc handles for my 4 next month ,but wondering if they make that much difference on the Izula?

Thanks For Looking :)

2. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

I like the TKC scales :D
    IMG_20170916_194549.jpg

3. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Rarely do we see counterfeits on Amazon. Most all of them are on eBay.

Zeek and TWBryan like this.
  4. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Steppinwulf- Those look nice I plan to get an esee 6 from tkc in Jan or Feb.

Mr.Randall, Well I saw Izulas selling for $9.95 "made in the U.S. and imported" .All by the same seller. I just checked back .If you search for an Izula you'll see where they turn up priced from $9.95 to $67,but clicking on the pic the ersatz Izula is gone. I guess someone reported the rascal.

Zeek and STPNWLF like this.
  5. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

The 6 is an awesome knife and Dale @TKC is just as awesome to deal with.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  6. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Steppinwulf, I ran an order through the knife builder and figured I could get the knife with custom handles cheaper than buying one with the boxy handles. I usually make my own kydex sheaths so the order total is not that much. Wanted to get myself one for Christmas,but better to get gifts for others . ;) I can certainly wait until 2018..

I see a lot of fakes on ebay,dhgate,etc . This is the first time I saw such obvious fakes on Amazon.

STPNWLF likes this.
  7. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

That's good to know. I haven't used ebay in close to two years. I always had good luck with them though. The one ESEE knife I bought on ebay was from a lady named Barbara Randall, so I'm not too worried about that one. :)
    The rest I bought from Hahn's Surplus, which made it easy for me since I was usually the person ordering for them. I originally talked them into handling ESEE knives more than a few years ago, and whaddya know, they became one of the best selling knives there. HA! I don't know if MR Randall remembers me from back then, but I always made it a point to visit his booth at Shot. The first time I met him he was sick as a dog, so I don't blame him if he doesn't remember that time.

Zeek and TWBryan like this.
  8. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Thinking back on it, I was mistaken, I believe I bought my Junglass from The Knife Connection.

TWBryan likes this.
  9. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Got the Izula from the mailbox today and took a couple photos to share. So far as I can tell it's a legit knife. Came with a plastic bag of odds and ends.Looks like I have a clip plate and a firestarter. Probably will order standard black g10 slabs for it from knife connection. I think I have a set of left over plastic bk14 grips somewhere around here I can use for now. Black should contrast well with the desert tan. :)

Izula 001.jpg Izula 002.jpg

dhunley1 and Zeek like this.
  10. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Decided that before I put it away for Christmas I'd put the becker handles on it and sharpen the blade. The bk14 habndles fit on the knife,but once they are on the Izula won't go in the factory sheath all the way. So I shortened the grips up and put them on.

The factory edge wasn't great on this knife,looked rough and the tip was off a bit and blade closest to the tang was off. Pretty standard for a factory knife though. I tried sharpening it by hand ,but I wasn't getting anywhere.I put it in my lansky system and evened up both sides. This knife is very hard,no way it is rc 58,it must be the lower 60's. It was hard to do and I am using diamond stones. I did the best I could with it,but will probably go over it one more time today. I did end up ordering the factory black G10 scales for it..

Attached Files:

11. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Receied black G10 scales from TKC today,they are the factory esee version ,not tkc. I like the looks,hopefully later I can see how they fit. :)

12. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

What’s that thing in the right hand corner? Looks like a pretty heavy paperweight.

TWBryan and Zeek like this.
  13. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

Colt Delta Elite

Randy Wheeler, TWBryan and .357 mag like this.
  14. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Pic shows Izula with Esee black G10 grips next to the sheath pouch and tin I got from TKC.

Izula 004.jpg

gobblegobble likes this.
  15. TWBryan

TWBryan Member

Made a kydex belt clip today for horizontal carry. Used some left over .080 kydex.
    Izula belt clip 001.jpg Izula belt clip 002.jpg