FS: Daniel Defense MK18

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by Viper715, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper715

Viper715 Member

I have a Daniel Defense MK18 5.56 upper for sale. I swapped out the RISII rails for the MFR XS 10 Mlock hand guard. Also includes a Daniel Defense BCG, Raptor Charging handle and Magpul BUIS. maybe have 200 rounds through it. Will ship to your door via your choice of carrier on your dime. Price not including shipping is $850. US only. USPS money order or a discreet PayPal as they are unfriendly to gun transactions.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Glockshooter, Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  2. Viper715

Viper715 Member

Below pictures for reference and the only thing for sale is the upper.

IMG_1710.JPG IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1715.JPG IMG_1716.JPG IMG_1717.JPG

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    YN*Dotte, Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  3. Viper715

Viper715 Member

4. Viper715

Viper715 Member

Drop to $850

5. Viper715

Viper715 Member

6. Glockshooter

Glockshooter Member

7. stickman

stickman Member

Are you converting it back into a MK18 upper with the correct rail? I'm a MK18 collector and have 4 other MK18 uppers, but what you are showing here isn't a MK18. I'm interested if it is correct.

Can you show a picture of the charging handle pulled out of the weapon? That looks like a knock off and not an actual Radian / AXTS Raptor, and I would rather know for certain.

You also aren't showing the BCG, can you take a pic of that so it shows the Daniel Defense markings?

Lastly, can you post a pic of the actual DD MK18 rail and show the date coding please?

Thanks!

Zeek, chorpie and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  8. Viper715

Viper715 Member

To answer some of your questions as the description says I swapped out the rails and the RISII rails are not included. The MFR XS 10 rails are included. It is a true Raptor and it is a true bcg. Bought new from midway. I can email or text detailed pics to anyone who is interested.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  9. esee6&3

esee6&3 Member

sold?

10. Viper715

Viper715 Member

That post was a little premature. This is still up for consideration. My apologies.

11. stickman

stickman Member

Please post the picture of the charging handle pulled out so I can read the writing on it. That will let me know if it is legit or a fake. I have never seen a Radian charging handle in that configuration.

Regarding the BCG, it should have DD markings on it, which again will let me know if it is legit. Please post a picture of that as well. The pictures that you show appear to avoid showing the BCG markings, which is why I'm asking.

Either way, this is not a MK18 without the MK18 rail. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in it as I have multiple 10.3 and 10.5 uppers, and I have extra MK18 and other RIS II rails, but my concern is whether the parts are legit.

Thanks!

12. Viper715

Viper715 Member

Implicating I'm trying to sell fake pieces in my sales thread is slightly rude. Also I sent you a message asking for an email or number and I would send you the pictures as I was not in a place I could upload directly to the site at the time. But I have found the time now and here are the pictures. Another thing what exactly would you like me to call this? It IS an MK18 upper as shown by the markings on the upper. Swapping the rails did not change that fact. If I removed everything from this upper and sold it as a stripped upper I would say I have a stripped Daniel Defense MK18 upper for sale. I think my original description was apt. MK18 upper with the RISII removed and swapped for an MFR XS 10.0. Apologies to the rest of the crowd for my tone but two accusatory posts and no response to a PM are a little uncouth.

Attached Files:

13. Viper715

Viper715 Member

Hey Jeff sorry for the discourse in here not my intent.

14. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Actually, I don’t blame you.

15. stickman

stickman Member

I asked specific questions, and you chose not to post the pictures. That is hardly my fault you didn't post pictures and that you continued to call it a MK18 which it clearly is not.

The word you are seeking isn't implicating, it is implying. I'll be very clear so as to avoid any confusion. You, in my professional opinion, are a liar and a cheat saying that you are selling a MK18. People are more than aware of who I am, and that I'm the one who broke the news regarding showcasing the RIS II (M4A1 and MK18) series as it was coming about. I write for paper publications like RECOIL and OFFGRID, and have written for others like MILITARY TIMES and the list goes on.

You are trying to scam people with your post, plain and simple. If there is any doubt at all about what I have said, you sir, are a liar. If you were in front of me I would not be as nice about my wording.

Go post your false MK18 upper with the same wording on M4Carbine.net, which is one of the most professional AR15/ M4-centric firearm boards on the net. Watch what happens.

Jeff, if you want to ban me or kick me off the board please feel free. However, there is not a chance in the world I will sit by and let someone lie about what they are selling. If you want to allow someone to knowingly engage in defrauding others on your board, I want zero part in it. If you have any question as to my credibility, please contact Shane Kang as he is someone I believe you know.

The Marsh Gorilla and ManOfSteel like this.
  16. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Umm, if you buy a Dodge Viper and replace the factory wheels with BBS wheels, it's still a Dodge Viper. Right?

17. stickman

stickman Member

Bcamos,

Look up the history of the MK18, and you will find it revolves around the DD MK18 rail. Your analogy is false.

The MK18 is designed around this rail. If you want the history of the rail I can give it to you, but the point is that there are plenty of 10.3/ 10.5 barreled weapons. What makes it the actual MK18 instead of being just the 10.3/10.5" upper receiver group is the rail installed.

To make it simple, it can't be a MK18 without the MK18 rail.

I'll assume that you weren't aware of that and weren't trolling.

The Marsh Gorilla and ManOfSteel like this.
  18. stickman

stickman Member

19. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Let us all just stick a pin in this here for now. I do not believe Viper has intentionally misrepresented the sale and was clear in what had been replaced. The question may be is it still a MK18 so altered, that is up to the buyer I would contest as well. At the same time Stick makes valid points to the technical nature of the designation.

Potential buyers are appropriately informed on all fronts at this point.

20. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

I know little to nothing about firearms and try to avoid conversations about them because they are hot-button topics. I do not believe anyone was knowingly trying to cheat or defraud someone on this thread, but again I know little about all this tactical world (nor do I have much of an interest in it) and have learned those that do typically like to let the world know they do. Whether you take part in something or not is your decision, not mine. So, if you want zero part of something then that's your decision. As to you credibility, it's not for me to question because it doesn't interest me. With all that said, you are more than welcome to participate on this forum.

ManOfSteel, Zeek and Delkancott like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.