Flooding.....

Discussion in 'Survival and Wilderness Skills' started by Andy the Aussie, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....... I am putting this in "survival" as not being an idiot and having some awareness is probably the greatest survival skill anyone can have.

Watch the video in this link and see how close the idiot in the white SUV was to being dead.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-02/nsw-tweed-floods-threat-northern-rivers/103278110

.....the north of my state (7hrs drive from me) is getting smashed by floods again. Every single time this happens people die because they drive into the water and get washed away. Guy recording saw the low level bridge (late in the video you see him pan right and you can see the proper high bridge that was destroyed in the early 2022 floods) was inundated and stopped. White car just drove on over and 30secs late the bridge is gone. That fool probably still has no idea how close to death they were.

I have crossed water plenty of times, a couple when I should not have, once I got my 40 series out of a creek 50yds down stream from the crossing I started on....I have lived through and outgrown that shyte now..!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  2. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Water is no joke.

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  3. TerryD

TerryD Member

Oh jeeze. I don't chance water crossings like that. If I can't see the road, I turn around.

4. Theo

Theo Member

That was pretty close..