Does your dog bring you presents?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bcamos, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Staying at my dad's house while we close on the farm, and he has a doggy door. The new puppy (not so much a puppy anymore) loves bringing us gifts from outside. Usually it's sticks and rocks. Sometimes...they're more interesting.

Last week he brought in a bead baby Mole and placed it on the couch next to me. Then got super pissed when I took it back outside.

He's brought us dead frogs and and even random bones that we can't identify. Today, he finally brought us something useful.

I'm in the kitchen and I hear a loud thud on the hardwood floor. Thinking the kids are getting into something I walk around the corner and see this little guy being pushed around the floor like a tennis ball by Marty.

[​IMG]

So I put him in an old fish tank we had, to make sure he wasn't too beat up. There was some chipping on the outside edge of his shell.

After about an hour he still hadn't come out. I started up some Led Zeppelin on Spotify and he poked his little head out. I'm waiting until dark and I'll take him out to the woods.

[​IMG]

Stone likes this.
  2. C99c

C99c Member

The dog wants you to make stew. Don't be surprised if your boots smell like dog piss in the morning...

Bushman5, JMJ and ManOfSteel like this.
  3. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

The little **** always steals my shoes. Never chews on them. Just steals one and hides it far away from the other one. I swear this dog has more personality than any other animal I've had. My youngest daughter is 5 months old, he'll cuddle up right next to her and be as gentle as can be. But he'll rough house with my 4 year old. He's only 5 months old himself. He's super smart. Just also super weird.

Stone and JMJ like this.
  4. jeeter

jeeter Member

That's awesome. My dogs have never brought me anything. However, we had a cat years back that used to bring dead critters inside. And then throw up in the middle of the night. Truly nasty is stepping in cat barf at 5AM, followed by stepping on a mangled mouse.

****ing cats.

Bushman5, JMJ and Delkancott like this.
  5. Ausher

Ausher Member

Had a cat that brought us dead animals.most impressive gift was an opossum that was twice as big as the cat. He was dragging it across the driveway to the door. Always came home to gifts on the steps.

mike likes this.
  6. Stone

Stone Member

That's hilarious. Which song?

7. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Member

I get pine cones and rocks from mine. If they kill something they bait the buzzards with the kill. They hate buzzards.

8. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

You Shook Me

9. JMJ

JMJ Member

That's one awesome box turtle if he like Zeppelin!!!

My Doberman's started dropping hickory nuts on the deck at the camp, wife and I think she's baiting squirrels.

10. Stone

Stone Member

How appropriate for a turtle to respond.

11. Nether

Nether Member

Too funny.

Had a cat that used to bring me moles, birds, gophers, mice and an enraged kamikaze weasel.

12. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

My dogs now live with my parents with some decent acreage vs my little 10x20 back yard....
    Dog #1 will dig into a gofer or mole hole. And she will stand there ready to snap for HOURS and then we will end up with a nice little critter on the door step....
    Dog #2 I swear can snatch the bird that are taunting her out of the air... She doesn't kill then just wounds them and leaves then on the same door step....

And dog # 3 lays her fat butt around and when said presents appear she snacks on them.... I am sure the other 2 think we are taking them but in all reality that's how the 3 dog got so fat... :)

13. Nowhere

Nowhere Member

One of our cats used to bring us birds, moles and mice. I appreciate the gesture, but cleaning them up was a pain.

14. mike

mike Member

lol my cat would kill snakes and leave curled up at the door so when you walked out of the house ....................