Cuisinart 14 cup

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Zeek, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Zeek

Zeek Member

This thing is a piece of sheeit !!! :mad:

We have had it for a few months now.

First of all, you can't use the carafe to fill the water reservoir because the lid doesn't open beyond about 60 degrees so it is in the way, preventing you from tilting the carafe. So I fill it with a big plastic cup which takes about 5 trips back and forth between the sink and counter.

Second, you can't poor from a full carafe without it spilling. Notice the wet paper towel next to it.
    20180203_075142.jpg

Third, and possibly my favorite, don't you dare attempt to fill it with water beyond the 14 max line. Even though you can see there is room for another ounce or two of water, it has a Fing 'safety' overflow drain so the extra water runs out all over the counter.
    20180203_075224.jpg

I'd love to put a few 12ga turkey loads in this son of a bitch. If I do, I'll be sure to post pics...

2. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

Aeropress..... Just sayin

Brandon PK, SC864 and Zeek like this.
  3. BigJake

BigJake Member

Video would be more interesting. :D

4. Clown

Clown Member

Great review! I've felt the same about coffee machines over the years and ended up switching to a French press exclusively a few years ago. Never looked back.

The Marsh Gorilla, Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  5. ny700

ny700 Member

So my wife and I are total coffe addicts. She and I on a weekend day will split two or three pots of coffee.
    We have had two quasi art grind a brews both very good and the version with the insulated carafe and no hot plate is really good.

About eight months ago we switched to the tecnovorm mocha master. It is AWESOME. It’s a simple design 12 cup. Your choice of hot plate or thermal carafe we went thermal. It is expensive about $350. 5 year warranty. One of the only pots to pass the industries temperature test for brewing.

One thing I will say is don’t use your carafe to fill your reservoir. Coffee is oily. And your carafe will have oils in it. You don’t want that on the heating element.

6. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I love French press too. We were out of power for over a week last hurricane season. I had a number of worries but coffee was not one of them. My driveway was the morning hangout in the neighborhood by day 2 or 3.

7. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

12 cup Mr Coffee been brewing strong since 2006 :D

Kaw-liga, Zeek and Clown like this.
  8. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

We ditched our Keurig last year and got a Mr Coffee, so much better.

Anything happens to it I’ll get a Bunn.

Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  9. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

Yeh. Someone was very kind to us one year and got us a Keurig. My sentiments are the same as yours, I wasn't feeling it. We used it for over a year. Then I snuck out and bought a regular coffee maker one night.

Delkancott and Zeek like this.
  10. ny700

ny700 Member

514EF6FD-2DA5-481A-9B36-87AD0257F3C0.jpeg Personally I think the Keurigs are brilliant in specific roles. Waiting room at a doctors office or break room in an office BRILLIANT!!!! Dorm room sure. Person who legit drinks one cup in the morning, maybe I would still go with a hot water tap or kettle and a French press myself but ok.

Household with multiple drinkers no way. Efficianados Nope! Adicts like me NO WAY

I think for the money, a bunn is hard to beat. Quality price longevity! The Cuisinart grind and brew makes a great cup of coffee and yes fresh ground beans really do make a difference!

My next coffee maker may be a Japanese cold coffee maker. Cold brew coffee is legit and no you don’t have to drink it cold. You can make it like an americano with hot water or a latte with warm milk. Brewing cold strips the acid and makes coffee that is not bitter at all. And besides it making a superior concentrated espresso like coffee it Looks BAD Ass

11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

My percolator is “my precious” !! Don’t get between me and it on days off. It’s a Breville something or another. Third one of the same model I have had. One lasted years till I smashed the carafe in the sink one night, second one lasted for years also and is still going (it got moved to a place out bush) bought a new one for home. Have a couple of French Presses for emergencies and off hunting where there is no power.

The Marsh Gorilla, Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  12. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I've been seriously eyeballing a percolator for camp fire coffee. I had no idea there were so many choices. Any recommendations on a good one?

Clown, The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  13. Clown

Clown Member

Good question. I've been toying with the idea of trying a percolator too but have no idea where to start....

Kaw-liga likes this.
  14. ny700

ny700 Member

So why a percolator? My research over the years in regards to them is the process does produce a strong cup of coffee but can easily kill the subtle flavors of good coffe. They are relatively big for the outdoors, it’s easy to burn coffee with them.

To me a simple poor over or French press seems like a bettter option for travel.

Although I will say the DIY heinie pot percolator is super cool if you can find a good condition heinie can

Zeek likes this.
  15. Clown

Clown Member

Thanks for the info. Honestly I don't think I've ever had a cup of percolator coffee and think i just wanted to try it out. Lol.