Can't reach forum or esee website for 2 weeks now

Discussion in 'Forum Technical Issues' started by KnOeFz, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Yeah....I was on the phone here yesterday morning and on a rant....person at the other end calmly said "you have not had your morning coffee yet have you ".... huh....well no....how did you know.... :confused:o_O

Strigidae and Zeek like this.
  2. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Ok, the Netherlands is now unblocked. Our server admin had blocked the whole country due to the numerous attack attempts.

This is directly from our serve admin: "Funny thing is the ESEE Knives serve has been the target of most of the attacks from the Netherlands. They are constantly attacking the site to set up mining programs to mine for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. It is not super harmful but just causes the server to react more slowly as processor time is dedicated to mining those currencies. We're doing our best to keep those processes stopped and to lock the server down so that any money they do mine doesn't get sent back to the programmers."

I have no idea how bitcoin works and didn't know that anyone that wasn't involved in the trade of bitcoin could have anything to do with it. We hardly ever get hack attempts from the US. It seems Europe and Russia are the ones always probing to see what they can do. If I've blocked one Russian IP on here due to hack attempts, I've blocked a thousand. Now it seems like we will have to start selectively blocking the Netherlands. Go figure.

I hate the internet.

koolaidnd, Stone, Delkancott and 2 others like this.
  3. Stone

Stone Member

What ESEE knife for Bitcoin? I'd suggest the RB3: cuts deep.

I can take a Bitcoin out at 10 m with a .38 ball from my slingshot. :oops:

4. KnOeFz

KnOeFz Member

Yay... I'm back.
    Thanks Jeff and John!

Delkancott, Zeek and Strigidae like this.
  5. Scrap

Scrap Member

So that's what was wrong... Thought my rickety old desktop was dying or something.

Delkancott and KnOeFz like this.