Blow Out Kits

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Bushman5, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Curious as to what everyone carries for a GSW/SLASH kits, how and in what you carry them, and contents.

I carry a basic kit, Israeli bandage, CAT-T , Combat Gauze, shears, 3 thick dressings, roll of cling gauze, 3 sets of nitrile gloves and a sharpie marker.

Since I'm outdoors and in inclement weather, everything is in double Ziploc freezer bags and in a pouch with a red marker strap on it.

[​IMG]

Waterproof pouch (rain, not submerged)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All my hiking, wheeling, hunting, fishing buddies know where the kit is, and most have their own blow out kits, both on them and a 2nd one in their glove box.

My kit is more geared towards knife , chainsaw and axe injuries, but can be used for GSW's . I intend to add a chest seal and other advanced kit, but still need to refresh training and get advanced training. <<< that being said, those items will be in the kit regardless, as some of my friends have training to deal such injuries .

I do have a dedicated chainsaw kit, it has multiple large stomach dressings, large gauze wraps x 10 , two CAT -T's, multiple Quick-Clots, etc, as chainsaw injuries can be quite horrific, wound size wise and the rapid rate of blood loss.

Thoughts , comments, let's see your kits.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Reno Lewis and DYSPHORIC JOY like this.
  2. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Excellent post and good discussion. Will try to get some pics up in the next few days.

Bushman5 likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

4. Medicth

Medicth Member

You might want to add another TQ. Current reccomendations are 2 TQ's on a lower extremity.
    Great kit though.

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Got a Bro deal on an ITS TALLBOY ifak pouch from the insanely awesome lads at DS TACTICAL in New West BC.

I did modify a few things on the pouch, I'll explain as I go along.

[​IMG]

Back of pouch. Black Sharpie , and SOE pouch holding a CAT T. Not a perfect fit .......the pouch will be updated soon , as will the addition of another T and T pouch .

[​IMG]

Leash . Red to ID as trauma FAK. Easy to pull the pouch out of my EDC/WORK pack, or whatever pack it resides in.
    [​IMG]

ITS TALLBOY grab ring to rapidly tear open the pouch. I added red paracord sheath whipping.....the red Velcro wrap that comes standard I utilized on the CAT T pouch.

[​IMG]

OSOE pouch. I added the red paracord pull tab, and secured it in place with the Velcro wrap from the ITS handle.

[​IMG]

Pouch open, CAT T inside.

[​IMG]

Shears opposite side of CAT T.

[​IMG]

MORE

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Reno Lewis likes this.
  6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Reserved

7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Open. Immediately you see two pairs nitrile gloves, a spare thick gauze roll, and Gorilla Tape.

[​IMG]

While there is ample shock cord lashing on the lid ,I used Velcro wrap. .....much easier to RAPIDLY access gloves and tape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quickclot, stomach dressing, 4" IZZY, cravat,tactical black FAK (first aid kitten)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side pockets hold 6" gauze wrap, and spare stomach dressing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    JMJ and Reno Lewis like this.
  8. Joelski

Joelski Member

Take your duct tape out, cut a 60" length and wrap it around a dowel rod. You can customize the length of tape and dowel rod, and you still won't be carrying that big. empty hole in the middle of your roll.

I carry large and extra large gloves folded tight and stuffed into half a quarter wrapper. That keeps a pair of gloves handy all over my packs for myself and others. I use the anatomic rule for gear; you may be able to fit two of you in my stuff, but I can't make my (Fill in the blank) smaller to fit stuff that's comfy for you. Plus, it's my ****; don't bitch, get your own! :D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I like your gloves storage idea.....