Women Conceal Carry

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by Delkancott, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Hey all,

Do y’all have recommendations/experiences with conceal carry if you are a woman (unlikely on this forum I know) or at least recommendations from your significant other? The person I’m asking for isn’t interested in purse carry, just on body. I’ve read a bit about the smart carry options, but figured I’d ask here for her.

Thanks in advance.

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and C99c like this.
  2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I don’t have any personal experience with this as the wifey goes with purse carry.

For a holster I have hard a lot of good things about the belly band style . This supposedly works for women off all sizes.

As far as choice of firearm the slim line options would be my choice. I would look at a Ruger LCP or the.. Kel Tec 9mm all have shot both and are not bad. I have heard good things about. Similarly sizes Taurus but IDK anything about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Marsh Gorilla and Delkancott like this.
  3. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Despite any rumors, I've never carried a firearm while dressed as a woman. However, as an LEO instructor, I regularly teach our female officers and have provided guidance to our female detectives.
    Most of our females carry either a Glock 17/19 OWB, but they also carry a badge, which means they don't really need to fully conceal the gun. But, they always "dress" around the gun, a phrase you'll see multiple times.
    OWB carry is easy, as long as the curve of the hip can be accomodated, but then you need a larger over-garment for concealment. Your friend is likely going to need to try at least a couple options to find a comfortable one, but a couple different options are always good depending on what she's wearing.
    Is your friend gun savy or is this totally new to her?
    Lots of good reading of you search for women's concealed carry, this link had a lot of good info, https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-way-conceal-carry-women/

4. C99c

C99c Member

Smartcarry or a quality belly band is a good place to start. Some holster makers sell a kydex shell that you can attach inside the Smartcarry/band pocket. Depending on the firearm chosen it can be well worth the extra expense.

If looking for a holster that can be attached to belt less options such as yoga pants, scrubs, etc then choose (or add) a quality METAL clip. I like the wide one that Dark Star Gear offers or those from Discreet Carry Concepts. Avoid plastic clips.

Is there a type of handgun that is already selected or being looked at? That might help with more suggestions.

Melody Lauer has put out a lot of good information online in the past on the subject.

The Marsh Gorilla and Delkancott like this.
  5. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

No yoga pants. Almost always jeans and a belt. No gun decided yet.

The Marsh Gorilla and C99c like this.