Whoa, What's this????

Discussion in 'EXPAT Knives®' started by Expat, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Seanoin

Seanoin Member

More excited about this knife than the rest of the stuff at Shot this year.

2. BobbyRatTail

BobbyRatTail Member

Couldn't have said it better

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  3. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

I'm with expat. There are way too many pry bar combat knives out there, and because of that the only thinner/reasonable knives are hunting only knives that are ugly and have little use outside of hunting.

I have had all sorts of big folders mostly that are all gone now because of the fact they didn't perform well and were often uncomfortable to carry. I am not against big knives they are certainly fun and have thier uses but not every knife needs to be able to baton through a tank

I would love to see an awesome functional bowie style knife (like a Randall but affordable to a guy with four kids) and a well done but modernized Barlow though.

4. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

I'm working on the barlow/slipjoint

I have a long term goal with something like a Case Trapper or something along those lines with a modern twist in materials and design. But, in the meantime, we've got something cooking that will satisfy those needs and it shouldn't take too long. It'll be really cool. I'm excited about it.

5. Seanoin

Seanoin Member

What's next, a Canadian belt knife? Hope so

6. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

I have observed similar shifts in computers. First mainframes with terminals in the 60's and 70's. IBM PC released in 1981 using floppy discs only. You had to put things on discs and run it down the hall (nicknamed the "Sneaker Net") to transfer it to someone else in the office. Then we had networks, almost recreating the mainframe accessibility to shared files. Now the internet where you have the cloud that links millions of computers.

Mobile phones used to require a large box in the trunk of the car with the handset on the hump in the front seat. Then large cell phones, transitioning to small cell phones, heading towards small screen smart phones and now we have the options of larger screen smart phones and smart phones that could almost be classified as small iPad type devices.

Point being that we are always looking for the perfect tool. SAKs, then multitools like the Leatherman. It is like sighting in your deer rifle. You shoot and adjust, shoot again and adjust, and repeat until you get it right in your opinion. Hand it off to someone else and they will tweak it to their liking even though you were able to drive tacks with the thing.

7. JHansenAK47

JHansenAK47 Member

To be honest the blade looks like a million other skinners I have seen before. Where this knife design fails is in handle ergonomics. (I am not referring to your knife specifically, just similar skinners in general.) Your knife has a nice recurved handle which is a nice touch. I personally like a subtle lemon shape with a swept curve at the butt.

8. Andris94

Andris94 Member

Wait, did the topic change to sheep?

I'm not overly impatient, after all I do have a Survive! knife on order, but will we see more of this at Blade?

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and STPNWLF like this.