Weird day at the cabin in the woods......

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Bushman5, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Dude I don't get freaked out by much but that is some scary ****. All I could think of when I saw that thing in the fire is "ok he's obviously still alive if he can report to us" but if this was a movie when you saw that thing and went to look around there would've been someone standing behind you all creepy. I wouldn't go back without my dog (alarm system) and a shotgun at the least. That's the kind of stuff that makes me hate the woods when I'm alone without a gun. You're not there every day or on a predictable schedule right? There's no way it was coincidence but at the same time who would just be sitting there waiting like that? So many questions. I wish you could've tased or tranquilized him and tied him up for questioning.

2. Benson X

Benson X Member

I still maintain that you had a squatter in the cabin. He heard/saw your vehicle and took off into the woods to "wait it out" until you left. After assuming you might be there for the night - they took it a step further to scare you away and reclaim the cabin (probably got tired of crouching in the bushes).

I think the figure was created by Uncle Creepy (<---- that's the suspect's name, now) to serve as a would-be companion to the likely drug-riddled, paranoid schizo squatter. Think "Wilson" from Cast Away - but 20 times more creepy...

If you weren't so far north of me - I'd be headed back up there today with you!

3. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Before you go next time, leave me the cast iron in your will.

Unless I have to pay for shipping. Then, don't bother.

RedEyedHog and Boker55 like this.
  4. JAD

JAD Member

BensonX triggered a thought. That red doll wasn't really just your companion for when you get lonely up there was it? Somebody threw it in the fire and you were embarrassed by the picture and fabricated this fantastic story to disguise your deviant behavior.

It's alright, none of us are going to judge, well except maybe Expat.

5. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

Time for a counter ambush!

6. CWB

CWB Member

I think it was one of your many crazy ex-girlfriends.

Bushman5 likes this.
  7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

nope, im there completely randomly.

The garbage was the usual beer cans and chip bags and crap. The clothes were soaking wet, moldy and ripped and torn, they had been there a while . I found them while fixing the south side of the cabin (rewiring the mesh where the firewood used to be stored on that side.

the fire pit had been used since i was there last (a while back). The two logs i had burned previously and then pulled out of the fire and doused when i left, were still in the same positions on the ground i had left them. There was 2x12's cut up and partially burnt, < thats new. The interior was undisturbed from last time i was there, except the firewood and kindling was gone. (probably burned outside). The stove still had a cup on it, that i left there last time.

so i dont think its a squatter. <<< he/she/they would have most likely used the toilet paper,matches and coffee and stuff.....all that was undisturbed. So was the sleeping bag in the rubbermaid tote.

The road going past the cabin is coarse gravel, you can hear deer walking it , its that noisy. A vehicle can be heard about ten minutes before you see it, even a super quiet one going slow. I heard nothing all day except rain and even that ceased.

I smelled the ciggarette smoke before i saw the cherry thru the brush by the road. That was less than 40 feet from me and it took me less than 2 seconds to get out onto the road from where i was. I had a line of of site up and down the road 300+ feet in each direction but saw no one. Not even in the scrub along the road.

it was quite weird. No one has ever gotten that close to me in a camp or woods setting ever, without me knowing about it.

Slade likes this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

LOL! thats some creepy sh*t right there!

9. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Yea dude that's too strange. I don't like it. I wouldn't go back with out a shotty and probably some bear spray just to be a dick if you didn't have to shoot him.

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Some weird crap no doubt. If Malcolm Naden had not already been captured here I would have sent the task force to Canada to have a look.

Slade likes this.
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I had bear spray, magnum can on the belt, with my Junglas. Another magnum can on the pack inside the cabin and a small can in the Jeep.

I doubt it's teens. There would have been giggling and whoops soon afterwards, and there would have been a vehicle somewhere nearby.

The cabin is 4 klicks up a steep logging road, approx 40 km's from Squamish, and approx 50 km's from Whistler. No other dwellings nearby except for the Sno-Cat base. (Currently unoccupied).

You know when there is campers or vehicles in the area......only one way in or out, and sound travels quite well.

Dunno. This **** is beyond weird.

Slade likes this.
  12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

this is the area. Nothing but logging trunklines, spur roads that dead end, cutblocks, and treeplanted cutblocks. On long weekends in summer there is lots of traffic, and in winter the snowmobile crowds. They park by the river at the railroad tracks. Red dot is general cabin location.

[​IMG]

Slade likes this.
  13. Tashunka witko

Tashunka witko Member

If I walked out of my cabin and saw that on my fire my eyes would have been searching not taking pictures. Crazy stuff.

14. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Agreed @Tashunka witko. I certainly would've yelled at the glow of the cigarette to see what's up at the least.

15. olderguy

olderguy Member

This thread deserves a History channel spot !!!

16. ArguableLobster

ArguableLobster Member

Tell Les Stroud we've found the Sasquatches ghetto 'real doll'

(or bushmans)

17. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Why do I have this horrible premonition that someone here will post a news link to a story from BC where a camper was found naked, bound to a tree with a gag ball in his mouth and wearing a sign that said "if only he had heeded the burning effigy warning..." !!!!:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::D

Willow likes this.
  18. karlkortemeier

karlkortemeier Member

19. malman

malman Member

20. Baldcutnut

Baldcutnut Member

How about a couple trail cams outside the cabin next time.

Klynesquatch likes this.