Waiting for Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slade, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Slade

Slade Member

Just got an email that my Survive! GSO 7/7 has shipped. I tried to search PayPal for the date I ordered it. Their records only go back to 2017 in search. Search of email shows it was ordered on 12/1/2015. Since then I’ve bought a house and moved to a different city. Work a different job. Had a spinal surgery. Gotten married.

4.25 years ago. And it’s not even a custom. I honestly figured my chances of seeing it were grim. Don’t think I would do it again.

I know there’s plenty of people who pay for and then wait for work. More likely good sellers take orders and will want payment when the time comes.

What’s the longest you’ve waited on work?

What are you waiting on right now?

Zeek likes this.
  2. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Not waiting but wondering if anyone received the GSO 12.

3. Michael W.

Michael W. Member

I assume you’ve called them with your new address?

Strigidae likes this.
  4. Slade

Slade Member

Emailed, but yes. Wouldn’t be the first thing I’d shipped to my old address. I got confirmation of the change soon after I moved.

Zeek, Michael W. and Strigidae like this.
  5. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Holy Geebus, that makes waiting for title 2 federal tax stamps seem like nothing. That's Randall made knives ish wait.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  6. Frigin

Frigin Member

Sorry for my ignorance what’s a gso 7/7?!?

7. CWB

CWB Member

I've waited almost 5 years for an s35vn Esee 3 with 3-d contoured milled scales

IW17 and OKcherokee like this.
  8. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I’m still waiting on my GSO 12 and GSO 6 ..

Zeek and DYSPHORIC JOY like this.
  9. JV3

JV3 Member

i waited about 2 years for my gso 4.1...the wait never really bothered me since it's a toy. not like i needed it to do my job or anything like that.

10. Kevo

Kevo Member

You guys make me feel like a very impatient man.

JV3, Strigidae and OKcherokee like this.
  11. Slade

Slade Member

It is named after a memorial date for a best friend of the owner. It’s the only knife as far as I know that is not named for the length. I believe it is 6.75” cutting length, plus a finger choil.

https://surviveknives.com/gso-7-7/

Also, in 2015, the pre-order price was $249. Inflation since then is 8.8% so the new cost of $274 really only covers inflation. For the math challenged, that’s 271.01 2020 dollars pre-order price. There will be people that get the same knife without the wait for the same I paid way back when once the pre-orders are filled. Probably very soon. That kind of hurts. Definitely not a wise gamble with my money.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Zeek and JV3 like this.
  12. JV3

JV3 Member

at some point it crossed over from "how long am i going to wait for my knife?" to "am i ever going to get my knife or my money just got stolen?" for a lot of people...i did feel bad for those who ordered later in the cycle since there was a real danger i thought of them going under and just disappearing one day.

Kevo likes this.
  13. Slade

Slade Member

Apparently they finished my knife and decided they needed a break. Received an email yesterday.

https://surviveknives.com/news/the-plan-for-2020/

“SURVIVE! has been the center of our lives for over 8 years now. There have been a lot of bumps along the road, getting from our little garage shop in Pennsylvania to where we are today. It has taken a toll on us personally and led to frustrating circumstances for our customers. Obviously, that was not our initial intention but it has been the result of pushing so hard to improve our knives and meet overwhelming demand.

While things are smoothing out now, we are no longer interested in continuing down this path of rapid growth and expansion. We've come to understand that no matter how hard we push we're never going to meet demand, and to be honest, we need a break. Current production will be completed and then we will be taking some time for R&R.

When SURVIVE! returns we will still be focused on making the very best knives possible, but with some changes to better serve you as well as ourselves.”

JV3 and Zeek like this.