Vehicle Jacks, etc., thread

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by C99c, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

No doubt. You spend 10000 calories to move one inch.

Bushman5 likes this.
  2. Frigin

Frigin Member

Anyone else have a JACK ? I got it the first day it came to the US and I have never looked back. I love this jack. Works great and I recommend it. 63EF90AE-4C6D-4050-AC50-5A65B3C0A2F6.jpeg

Strigidae likes this.
  3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

They are not getting a great deal of love out here mate, they are a well made product and work as advertised but most here who look at them are looking for a lighter, safer replacement for the Wallaby Jack (HiLift) and they aren't it. As I said, most of the disappointment is not them not working exactly s advertised but people looking for more than they offer.

C99c likes this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....how did I miss that.......hell yes you do !!!!! The only thing that saved me on that day was that I had 10 litres of water in the truck in addition to the couple in my pack. Those first 2 where going in about 30mins and most of the rest before it was unstuck !

Strigidae likes this.
  5. C99c

C99c Member

Considering they cost like eight times what a HiLift costs, only serve a single function and are delicate compared to other options they're understandably a hard sale.

I've played with one on the trail while assisting a broken truck and was less than impressed. I also saw one in town mounted to a rear swing out bumper that had taken a shot from a limb or such and I don't imagine that it is likely to perform very well with much damage to it.

Do they still have to be mounted vertically?

I don't carry a HiLift every where I go. We have three, but rarely do they get loaded when we hit the road. I used to keep one with me daily, but have transitioned to other options that take up less space, are lighter and that work better for my normal needs. H1 jacks, quality bottle jacks and in a lot of cases OEM vehicle jacks are some of those options.

Like @Andy the Aussie and others I've used a HiLift to extract myself from a mess and was glad to have it. I also use them a lot around the house and on odd jobs for others. Great product.

6. Frigin

Frigin Member

Yes I can definitely understand that.