Utilizing the Natural Environment: Plants and Other Resources

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Squeaky

Squeaky Member

I am not a Dr.- what works for me may not work for you. I have found a few local herbs that do amazing things! I have completely stopped using asthma medication since I started smoking mullien leaves for that and all chest infections. I use a water pipe to cool down the smoke. I would get deep chest infections (bronchitis or pneumonia) 2 times per year. It was so bad, I came to grips with the fact that pneumonia was the way I would die some day. Crossfit helped strengthen my lungs but didn't stop the infections. Mullien completely stops the infection in its tracks. It stops the unproductive coughs and is also an expectorant and gets rid of anything that should not he in there. Additionally, the mullien flowers can be made into a tincture with evol and garlic- very soothing on kiddos with ear infections. I have read that you can also drink it as a tea- when the internet was still somewhat primitive- I was prego and didn't want to use the inhaler as much as I needed it- I asked around for alternatives -some freak told me to get that backpacking butt wipe and smoke it- lol- so I did! Now I am off anything in the pharmacy and sold on herbs

2. Squeaky

Squeaky Member

Milk thistle grows all over the place here- in the late summer the flowers are in full bloom- you are after the silymarin that is stored in the seeds- it can stimulate/increase milk production in nursing mothers. It is also a liver tonic, (Etoh detox) lowers blood glucose levels and is an anti inflammatory.

3. Squeaky

Squeaky Member

Imo pine sap works better than coloidal silver creams to heal wounds- pine rosin potatoes can be made ahead of a backpacking trip and last for days- making them is very easy- boil the potatoes until they float, then I wrap them in paper