The TM Hunt Bolo Pass Around: Post Your Experience Here

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Didn't get much of a workout today, but did baton some oak and build a fire at the firing range.

IMG_4179.JPG IMG_4180.JPG IMG_4182.JPG

2. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Did some more with the bolo today while clearing trails with volunteers, and then hunting for lost tools after the volunteers had left.

My thoughts so far are that I really don't like the bill hook at the end of the handle. It's not so bad when chopping through thin to medium sized vines, but when chopping larger/harder trees my pinky really get crushed. While I can say I'd never likely lose grip on the knife because of the final stop the hook builds, I could not chop for a long time with it before putting it down due to discomfort. Additionally, I tried to grip the Machete higher up on the handle to avoid the crush, but the handle, while comfortable and contoured well, is slick and my hand naturally falls to the end of the handle (the hook) when swinging with any moderate force.

All that said, I do like the length and weight of the machete (it could be bit thinner for help with speed), but the hook makes it not fun.

I will try a few more things tomorrow and snap some comparison shots before I send this out to @Mountainmistwanderer

3. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Moderator Staff Member

As I previously noted, I think that if the hook was made thicker and less wedge-like then it would help out a lot.

Murphnuge and Zeek like this.
  4. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

No rush. Enjoy it some more.