Survive! 2.7

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Grog, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Grog

Grog Member

I snagged a 2.7 2nd from someone over on Bladeforums and posted up a little blurb about it. Pretty cool knife but the one I'd gotten had already been passed on from two sets of hands so it's obviously not for everyone. I like it enough I started a passaround on one over in the S!K subforum. Anyways, here it goes.

I planned to get a handful of this model for my nephews, seemed to me it would be a good knife for them to learn some basics on with the short, easily controlled blade.

Well, they might not be getting them now, I really like this one. We could thumb wrestle for them I suppose... I've got big hands but I can still get 4 fingers on the handle, though my pinky is a little crowded. The blade is very small but with the full grip that just makes it very easy to control.

I did my first attempt at a try stick with the 2.7 after I unboxed it. The sloppiness is all me, the knife was very easy to use and comfortable throughout. The tip made the square hole a bit of a task but it still went quickly.

[​IMG]

I don't have a clue what the root stripper end is supposed to look like so I pretty much just made a big fork.

[​IMG]

This is my first 20CV blade by S!K. It would still push cut paper afterwards but not quite as cleanly, there's a bit of raggedness to the cuts. Similarly it would still shave arm hair but it didn't just wipe the hair off like it did before. There's still a lot of working edge left in it though, I think it could've kept going for a good while before it needed touching up.

[​IMG]

I've never been interested in them before but this knife makes me want to try an inside the pocket type fixed blade sheath. The sheath retention and build are very good, it just seems like a bit too much bulk for such a small blade.

[​IMG]

I think this is going to make an excellent backup or neck knife that can punch well above its size.

GaryMc likes this.
  2. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Very nice. I wanted one but didn't wanna wait forever for it. I'm a year and a half into the wait for the GSO 12. Eventually I'd like to get a 2.7 for a necker/fixed edc.

3. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

Great post @Grog !!!!!