Stone's North Woods Adventures (SNWA)

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Stone, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I think Elmer Keith is STILL waiting to be paid for guiding one or more of Zane Grey's expeditions.

Datilite and Zeek like this.
  2. Zeek

Zeek Member

3. Stone

Stone Member

Not until now. Too late in my day to read more tonight (intense day of video editing a highly technical slide show on science), but I'll get to it this weekend. Thx.

Zeek likes this.
  4. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

Really liked the recent pics, find it very interesting that while you still have snow I have seen several snakes here. (Sadly a couple were victims of automobiles.) If you find time, a search for more in depth info on the Viking story would make for nice reading....

Stone likes this.
  5. Stone

Stone Member

I'll make time for vikings. ;)

Can't remember what I've posted upstream in this thread about Vikings. Are you more interested in history -- such as we know it (and it's pretty spotty) -- or film treatments (e.g., Travis Fimmel as Ragnar, etc) in Vikings (season 4 trailer here; I made it through season 4 three times while waiting for access to 5) or the story that @Zeek posted above?

The connection is there; they evolved in those Scandinavian north woods, the really serious ones centuries ago. No wonder they were more bad ass than Miami's gangs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Theodore and Zeek like this.
  6. Stone

Stone Member

That story that Zeek posted above yesterday about the archeology was totally cool. What a find! I look forward to learning more as they excavate it. (Wonder what the laws are there regarding excavation of such sites? Here, it might be outlawed.)

anrkst6973, Theodore and Zeek like this.