Shaking my head....

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Jeff Randall, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Mike Perrin

Mike Perrin Administrator Staff Member

I do ask questions sometimes with our "no questions asked warranty". Sometimes folks will say something like "Knife is damaged." So I will follow up with "How is the knife damaged?" This catches the nit wits who want to send a knife in that has rust on it or the edge is dull from use. I had one guy the other day who wanted to send in the ESEE business card thinking he could redeem it for a new knife.
    Modern technology has allowed the people who should have naturally been eliminated from the gene pool for lack of brains to continue amount us.

Gunn, Bcamos, Delkancott and 3 others like this.
  2. olywa

olywa Member

... and those idiots are voting and reproducing. Sheesh...

Zeek likes this.
  3. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

Is this a refutation of the theory of evolution? You might think it sticks a fork into the concept of intelligent design, but just because the design is brilliant does not mean that the eventual implementation will turn out perfectly. Even a perfectly executed design can be messed up by idiots.

4. olywa

olywa Member

More like 'devolution'. Along the lines of the movie Idiocracy. Stupid just needs to hurt more...

AddictedToSteel, Zeek and Theodore like this.
  5. Theodore

Theodore Member

Lol.

6. Stone

Stone Member

Not entirely. The Homo stupidus population has certainly increased, but they haven't entirely taken over the gene pool yet. The Darwin Awards exist for a reason. ;)

When I walk in larger cities (thankfully, an increasingly rare experience for me), I regularly watch people step off the side walk into the street to cross without even looking up. Every time I do, I think, "Yeah, natural selection coming soon."

Zeek likes this.
  7. Stone

Stone Member

Speaking of Darwin Awards ... I hadn't been to that site in a while, and just had to peruse a bit.

Seems I found a story about some friends or family members of the guy who owned the knife in Jeff's OP. See, if these women had had an ESEE knife, they could have .... Oh, wait, never mind. That could have resulted in injuries and deaths. :oops:

Source.
    _______

"(12 July 2016, Michigan) Stupidity doesn't get worse than this. Three bikini-clad women were stranded on the banks of the Muskegon River with no food, no shelter, no clothing, when their first river tubing excursion became a "Naked and Afraid" predicament of their own making!

A few hours before, while launching their new tubes at the Maple Island Bridge in Muskegon, they asked a passing stranger how to get back upstream. The stranger told them the river will make a big loop and circle around to take them back to the car. Using this joking advice to plan their trip, the gullible group set off downriver.

As dusk approached, the women realized that the river was NOT gonna circle back. They had been duped! They beached their tubes on a remote stretch of river and began to holler for help, having neglected to bring a cell phone, either.

Twenty hours after drifting away from the bridge they were saved by chance by a drift fisherman who heard the commotion and called 911. Rescued only three miles downstream of the launch point, we wonder why no one said, 'Let's walk back to the car.' What makes this situation even more ridiculous is that they were all local to the area!"

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    AddictedToSteel and Zeek like this.
  8. timdgsr

timdgsr Member

The women are probably going to sue the guy that committed a hate crime against them as a minority.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    AddictedToSteel and Zeek like this.
  9. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

That is a great story. I grew up, from 4th grade to graduation, living about 150 yards away from the Muskegon River way upstream of Muskegon, the city (nowhere near Muskegon, the city).

Stone likes this.
  10. Stone

Stone Member

ATS, did you ever find that loop in the river? :confused:

AddictedToSteel likes this.
  11. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

Never did. Of course, if you know what you are doing it can be possible to use eddies to travel back upstream.

The Muskegon River where I lived was and still is a fairly gentle river with plenty of current, but no rapids or even fast sections. General width was around 50 to 100 yards. Downstream of us was Rogers Dam in Roger Heights. We did not have to travel downstream very far before the river slowed up in the dam pond. Fishing was not bad, with a very few trout, but mostly small mouth bass, a few large mouth bass, carp, walleye and northern pike, along with a nice selection, though not abundant, number of pan fish.

12. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

That is what I thought too. Oh well. :rolleyes:

13. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

It is a good warranty. I had rat 3 issued but the warranty was a big factor in my subsequent purchases. Before purchasing a Rb3 Which had rumors of a weak edge, I spoke with one of the guys, the on that had been a woodworker, he said try it, if it chips I will replace it. It made the decision easy. They have to deal with the occasional idiot and I may someday be one of them but that warranty probably sold them a lot of knives.

AddictedToSteel and Strigidae like this.