SBG custom blade

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Switchblade, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Member

This is just a quick rundown, not a full in depth review. Although I plan on doing a longer term review in the future as well.

[​IMG]
    I got this knife from Ontario, Canada based knife-maker Ian McCandless. He was very good to communicate and discuss details with. The fit and finish was very nice all around.
    I have this blade in my possession for over a month now and been using it since.

I chose a kydex sheath for my knife, but Ian makes leather sheaths as well. It's the customer's choice. Very nice job on the kydex, by the way. It clicks in with authority and no movement, rattle, whatsoever. Very positive retention. The only minor thing is the lack of a drainage hole.
    I believe he will be adding those to any future kydex sheaths.
    [​IMG]

The knife is a full tang, clip point design with a (flat) saber ground, 5 1/8" long 1/8" thick 1095 carbon steel blade. The total length is 9 7/8". The handle consists of green micarta slabs with red liners (which give a really nice, subtle flare to the appearance). The handle panels are fastened with brass pins and the butt of the knife houses a brass lanyard hole. I find the handle comfortable and the right size for my hands. Here's an "in hand" shot for size reference.
    [​IMG]

This knife is an excellent slicer, a real "lightsaber" and it performed very well at different tasks and fields. Such as woodwork, whittling, fireprep ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and food preparation.
    [​IMG]

So, for now, that's all folks... Thanks for reading!

2. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

Just a heads up, you gotta change your text color to a light grey or some other contrasting color.

Nice looking knife though!

Switchblade likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I have held that very knife! its VERY comfortable in the hand. Sheath is very high quality too.

Switchblade likes this.