RTIC Coolers.

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by ManOfSteel, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

So I put the ice in at 7am yesterday and the ice was sitting out in the back of my work truck for about a half hour before I threw it in the cooler. I went in it 3-4 times yesterday and then nothing since 3pm yesterday afternoon. I just went in and there is roughly half of the ice left unmelted floating in some of the melted stuff. I'm happy with it as my ****ty old hard coolers would have nothing left by the end of the first day at work with no seals and basically no insulation. Still well worth the savings over a Yeti IMO

Edit to add: mine was sitting in the sun all day yesterday and it was 75* or so outside

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. Theo

Theo Member

Ordered a 30 yesterday. Received a shipping notice minutes after completing order. Looking forward to trying it out.

ManOfSteel likes this.
  3. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

IMG_1421.JPG Chilling. Literally

ManOfSteel likes this.
  4. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

5. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

The 20 still has ice ! Just checked

6. ThreeRidges

ThreeRidges Member

I was going to get the hard sided 20, but what do folks think is the advantage of the soft side. Smaller, lighter?

7. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

Yes!!!!! That's my team right there.

fmrranger likes this.
  8. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

Mine too, great season for 'em so far!

mwramos76 likes this.
  9. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

I also have the hard side 20 and it's a fantastic cooler as well. It's my go to cooler for fishing, hunting, and going to gatherings and such. For me it's too big as an everyday user and prefer my soft side for that task.

10. Theo

Theo Member

More carry options is what i am hoping. Just went camping and moving my yeti 20 hard side cooler to my walk in camp site sucked. Only good way was to bear hug it.

11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Smaller, lighter, and more carry options. All things already mentioned before me but that's really it. The hard sided coolers are super heavy compared to the soft packs. In a little guy holding only a few things for a single day I can't see a big bulky cooler that weighs more than the contents.

12. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Just opened it up this morning and there was still ice. I'll take 48hrs if ice out of a lunchbox.

13. JAD

JAD Member

I own the Yeti 20 Roadie and the RTIC 20 Softpak. I like them both and use them for different reasons.

The Softpak has become my car cooler and travel light cooler. Any sort of day trip and the Softpak is nestled behind the front row of seats within easy reach. It also goes on float trips and outdoor concerts. Last Friday night I put the shoulder strap on and walked about 1 mile to our community Fall Festival (lightweight carry).

The Yeti Roadie is used for hard use activity and prolonged cooling needs. We went a weekend to a reunion at a lake house. The Roadie got loaded with nothing buy my beer. So it went dockside for fishing and onto the boat for out on the water. Never changed out the contents nor added ice. But used all weekend.

Make me pick only one and I would take the Softpak because it seems to get more use for my lifestyle and activities. But I really like having both.

14. timdgsr

timdgsr Member

The soft 30 is closest in interior volume to the hard 20. The soft 20 being a good bit smaller.

JAD likes this.
  15. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

RTIC now has free shipping for orders over $35

ManOfSteel likes this.
  16. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

I decided to take advantage of the free shipping over $35 deal and put in an order of several RTIC drink ware items for Christmas gifts. The order was placed at 3:40 pm, I got an e-mail at 3:45 pm notifying me the order has been shipped! WOW, 5 minutes from placing order to order has been shipped! Can't ask for faster service than that.

ManOfSteel likes this.
  17. bax229

bax229 Member

All of their stainless tumblers, bottles, accessories, are on sale 33% off! Free shipping over $35

I have a Softpak 20 and its great! I love their lowball cup, keeps cocktail ice for hours, no condensation. Looking at picking up the new Camo Softpak 30.

18. Tinbanger

Tinbanger Member

I just got mine today, a 45 from Amazon. One question, do the lids on yours stay open by themselves? Mine doesn't

19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Pretty sure mine does. It's in the garage so I can't check at the moment.

20. Boker55

Boker55 Member

IMG_0378.JPG Mine does.