Price willing to pay for a folder?

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Scott Whittington, Jan 6, 2017.

?

What price range is your cut off on buying a folder?

1. Screw Folders!

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. 1-100

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. 101-250

51 vote(s)
    49.0%
  4. 251-400

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  5. 401-551

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 550-1000

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Sky is the limit if I like it and quality is there!

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. C99c

C99c Member

I wish someone offered a simple, well made USA made one handed opening folder with a pocket clip, a simple steel and no assisted opening, flipper, etc. For under $100.
    With a 3"-3.5" blade, open back construction and a handle large enough for an adult (miniGrips suck).

2. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Just out of curiosity, why do you want an open back construction? I have no preference one way or the other but I'm interested in hearing your reasons.

Also, do you want a USA made blade because you prefer to keep your money here, or you feel that USA made is higher quality? Again, I don't care either way, so I'm not challenging you, I'm just wanting to hear what the market's saying.

3. C99c

C99c Member

I don't see your questions as any kind of challenge or judgment, so ask whatever you'd like.

The open back design isn't a must, but I have found it useful for allowing easy cleaning of a folder I use for literally everything. My Delica and SAKs are still easy to maintain, but since I was looking at something different I thought it would be a nice feature.

I want a product made here by a company that takes pride in that fact. I know that quality isn't dependent on where it's produced. There are great products coming out of most areas of the world.

I also want to support a company that supports the things I feel are important.

4. Scott Whittington

Scott Whittington Member

Well I guess I can take you off our Hinderer and Chris Reeve Newsletter list:D

Nordac and C99c like this.
  5. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Forgive me for posting a competitors name in this thread, I just felt it was relevant.

One of those rare times where a photo contains a knife and a firearm that will cost you the same amount of money.
    [​IMG]

6. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

7. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Because there are crazies out there willing to pay that price.

And because an MP5K is absolutely badass.

8. Nordac

Nordac Member

I cast mine at $551 being my max. I have a small collection of knives but what presents me from just picking up wasted $$$ is whatever knife I purchase from now on must be at least the quality of my griptilian. All my knives must be ones I can use. And once I get above the price I fear I would just put it in a case.

That being said if I made more money....oh it would be bad