PR4 liners

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Strigidae, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

2. RangerDave

RangerDave Member

Ordered the Esee hardware as recommended, and a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping USPS can deliver by Spring thaw.

Got the liner material as recommended as well... "man that stuff's ornery"! I was gonna use a spindle sander to trim down the liner material but decided this was the excuse I was lookin' for to order the Dremel 231, shaper/router table to grind/sand the spoil off.

I have the liners trimmed close and sandwiched between the handles ready for work, but wishing the .06o thickness would work with the hardware whereas the .030 doesn't seem to add much width for my big ole meat hooks.

Nevertheless, this is a motivating vid, I've watched it twice over the past week or two ;)

3. RangerDave

RangerDave Member

Followed Shane's advise and steps rather closely, (rule #whichever, always learn from someone else's failures/fortunes).
    I did the rough cutout of the the G10 with a pair of Fiskars shop scissors, fastened the two handles and liners up with the original handle hardware.

I then proceeded to trim down the G20 with a 1/4" Dremel carbide cutting tool fit into the moto tool that into the Dremel 231 shaper table and ground down to a point almost touching the handles.

I didn't have any severely worn sanding drums as Shane proposed (another lesson learned, save those when I get'em as I believe this would be a very good application for them) so I used the highest grit 1/4" drum that Dremel makes. I did this by hand with a spare Dremel tool as the Dremel shaper table "out of the box" didn't seem to hold the tool and bit at a perfect 90°.

When finished, I used the conical felt polishing attachment with rouge applied as Shane recommended, this step makes your scrapes and boo-boos go away. The conical one helps get down behind that handle protrusion; or choil stud whatever it's called.

Thanks Shane

-Dave
    img001.jpg img002.jpg img003.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Stray Round and Twoody88 like this.
  4. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Hey Dave,
    Happy to help....I save those used up drum to high grip my Glocks as well. It's nice to not HOG OFF material and the used up drums seem to do pretty good there. Glad it worked out. Please feel free to throw up a post of your work...

Currently I have my wife's PR4 torn apart and about to do a set of Orange for her....and make another set for my PR4 in LIME green as I gave the one in the video away for a promotion!

41BFE732-DD48-45F4-9B80-B63F19B1655D.JPG