Need opinions & advice on my new Esee 3

Discussion in 'Counterfeits and Fakes' started by Joe_Kerr, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Joe_Kerr

Joe_Kerr Member

Ok, so I just got this knife yesterday in a trade with a guy from a Facebook knife group. It's an esee 3, with the top/spine edge and a serrated blade...I'm not sure of the model # or designation. Anyway, I have an ESEE 6 that was purchased from Tactical Intent via Amazon and have no questions as to its authenticity, but the 3 has me wondering for a couple reasons:

1.) The handle screws have the letters "yfs" stamped in them, my 6 has plain screws with no markings. 2.) The serial # on the butt of the knife seems smaller and not as easy to see as my 6, or any other Esee knives I've handled. I am gonna try to post some pics so y'all can see what I mean.....hopefully my (piece of junk) phone will cooperate.

I'm really hoping that my concern isn't justified.....but I've only owned one Esee and only handled one other....the sheath looks right, as do the scales and the logo, etc on the blade. Knife is wicked sharp just like my 6, and it just has that "feel" that nice knives have....if it's a copy it's a good one, but i would still like to know.....

Ok, so I was able to upload a couple pics, hopefully they're good enough to tell something. The actual numbers are clearly defined...it's "16544"....but they seem a little small. I know those pics suck, but it's the best my phone will do.

Attached Files:

2. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

Looks pretty legit from what I see,
    ESEE 3scp

Joe_Kerr likes this.
  3. Joe_Kerr

Joe_Kerr Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply, man. I appreciate it.

STPNWLF likes this.
  4. CWB

CWB Member

Throw it at a tree, if it sticks it's real, if not, then contact Mike for a free replacement.

STPNWLF, Joe_Kerr and Zeek like this.
  5. Joe_Kerr

Joe_Kerr Member

Hilarious

Zeek likes this.