Lt wright genesis scandi a2

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Sink or swim, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Sink or swim

Sink or swim Member

Hey guys

My wife suprised me on christmas with an lt wright genesis. I love the knife but there is one big problem. The edge is rolling realy fast. One try stick out of hazelnut wood. See the results.
    I mean i love the genesis but my pr4 is ways stronger. I batoned trough a big piece of oak for many hours with my pr4 and there was no single damage or rolling on the edge.

Attached Files:

2. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Hmmm, I think i have heard of similar issues with brand new knives where the final machine sharpening had removed the temper from the very edge. One or two hand sharpenings and you might be back to good hardend steel. I'd shoot LT Wright an email with those pics asking for further advice, im sure they will make it right. Also I'm not familiar with hazelnut but I know certain trees pull silica out of the ground and it will be in the grain of the wood so even perfectly clean looking wood will really dull up a blade.

Twoody88 and Sink or swim like this.
  3. Sink or swim

Sink or swim Member

Done.... l.t. says send the knife back :)
    Im excited for the service. We will see

Twoody88 and Adventurer like this.
  4. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Glad to hear they are making it right. Keep us updated. It is nice to know when knifemakers/companies stand behind what they make.

daizee and Sink or swim like this.
  5. daizee

daizee Member

Yeah, that looks like either edge angle under 15dps (for A2) or a HT issue. Everyone slips up sometimes. Don't ask how I know. ;) Good on 'em for taking care of you.