Just a reminder regarding being vigilant on trail

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, May 12, 2019.

1. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

2. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

That’s crazy what is wrong with people. Then again we are just animals

JV3 likes this.
  3. C99c

C99c Member

The worst part is this wasn't a random thing. This guy was a known threat across at least three states. I have friends on the trail this year and early on they were getting reports of a crazy guy with a knife and a dog "hunting hikers". One friend rescheduled a SOBO attempt to go NOBO with his little sister after the Tennessee stuff happened. For the sake of the victims I only wish that he had chosen them to chase. It wouldn't have gone his way as neither of them are easy targets.

This really has me pissed off because there were so many chances for this to have gone another way. I mean, he had already been arrested for the crap and went straight back to the trail.

And almost nothing will be learned from this by those who can benefit from the lesson the most.

Hopefully a few will realize that only they can provide for their own safety.

4. Black5

Black5 Member

Another site has a major thread going on this. I'm still surprised at two philosophical schools:

1. I don't need a gun. I have OC spray and my fists.

2. I have a gun. Therefore I am invincible. John Wick fears me.

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

im not sure I should post this here.....yet it seems relevant (Situational Awareness.....) if i am wrong , please move this post)

I walked down Main St Vancouver tonight, just now, to grab a burger and some chicken strips. Time, approx 2350 hours local time.

area: Mixed industrial , residential towers, transit (Skytrain), homeless shelters (x3) and after hours club warehouses (techno x2, industrial x 1, rave x 1) party zone after 2000 hours.....lots of different people and economic and mental health ranges

people: wealthy, suburban, locals, homeless, druggies, mentally ill, dual diagnoses mentally ill/drug users.......(it might surprise you who caused the problems tonight, it was not the tweakers or crack addicts or homeless or mentally ill)

scene:

local burger joint at major intersection. Its staffed by a Persian family, 5 people at night. Three of the staff members are hulking 6'10" 200 lb ripped males, the other two are female, very fit.

I ordered a mozza burger and 5 chicken strips, with hot sauce, Paid and waited a few minutes while they made it fresh.

visibly homeless guy with very recent bruises on his face walks in and orders a meal, pays cash with a lot of coins (I see him all the time outside of Starbucks, asking for spare change). Staff at the 24 hour burger joint treat him with respect and add a few extras to his order no charge. He is very grateful and thanks the order girl profusely.

I get my order, and while i'm adding a few extras like napkins, a visibly drunk couple walks in, mid 20's, wasted, and verbally loud. Dude barks orders at the cashier and turns to his companion, a drunk girl, about mid 20's and tells her she better be f------- happy about this. (him ordering food for her). Cashier is immediately "HEY....don;t talk to her like that, talk to her with respect!"

dude flips his lid. smashes the console at the counter and screams at her, "dont you f--------- tell me how to speak to her!"

and then backhands the girl he came in with hard enough to send her flying.

the next few seconds were a blur.

two of the male cafe workers leaped over the counter and slammed dude into the ground. Homeless guy got a few kicks in and screams at the guy "you dont ever do that, ever, you dont hit a woman ever, you dont hit mom ever"

cashier girl helps the girl up, she is bleeding on her face and back of her head where she struck it on the cement floor.

the two males have the lad in a chokehold and he is fighting them. Not much effect though...They are bouncing him off the floor.

homeless dude is now rocking front to back , muttering "you dont hit mom like that dad, you dont hit mom like that"

police roll up, someone called them

the two males release the lad into the police custody. He is messed up, can barely walk and is bleeding from his face, elbows. He is cuffed and led away. The girl he came with is crying and bleeding and is attended to by a female officer and then EHS (ambulance)

I didn;t even get involved.....the two hulks that work at the diner reacted so fast