James Gibson Interview

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, Mar 15, 2017.

1. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

2. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

Good stuff. James is a heck of a guy. I'm enjoying the channel.

DYSPHORIC JOY likes this.
  3. tangomike3

tangomike3 Member

Takes some courage to stand there in an enclosed environment, no way to escape, with a for real ninja.

DYSPHORIC JOY likes this.
  4. DYSPHORIC JOY

Primitive skills are not my forte and actually are not something that I practice much beyond shelters and fires. Gibson brings so much to the table from his diverse background that it captures your attention. He is one of those few people who conveys a sense that you walk away a better person after interacting.

Highly recommend that you spend some time with him. Many of these people from his generation like Ethan, Neeley, @Mike Perrin and so on are heading in the direction of the twilight years. We, as the younger leeches, need to learn all that we can now so we can pass the contribution to the next odd balls like ourselves.

Theodore likes this.
  5. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Im looking forward to spending some quality time with him. Seems like a fella id get along with nicely.

DYSPHORIC JOY and Theodore like this.
  6. Theodore

Theodore Member

There seems to be an abundance of people old and young who are just pushing a product and use public interest in something like primitive skills or survival to drum up sales regardless of the usefulness/effectiveness and quality of the product they are pushing and lack of actual hands on experience of the maker/seller.
    All that said from the two? Videos you have posted and I have seen, he truly seems to be the genuine article. Your boy is very lucky to have you to expose him to these types of people and the knowledge and history that comes with them.

Strigidae likes this.
  7. DYSPHORIC JOY

I think that we are all opportunists to some extent and then you have the opportunistic parasites. I have witnessed so many trends with the "survival" industry that I don't keep up with it much anymore. I do my best to surround myself with folks who didn't learn how to be a bushcrafting commando last week via YouTube. Same goes for any other skills that I want to learn.

My son has both an advantage and disadvantage due to limited exposure to the miscreants through social media and TV. He does his own thing as far as ideas and has a solid grasp on what survival means: boredom, hard work, and mindset. Other than Under Armour purchased on close-out, he maintains a fairly obtuse identity relevant domain but it is not easy for an 11 year old.

Sam Wilson and Theodore like this.
  8. tangomike3

tangomike3 Member

I would trust Gaston with my six any time. The young man is jam up.

9. DYSPHORIC JOY

He is trustworthy to watch your six as long as you aren't carrying a nice blade for him to swipe and claim as his own.

Strigidae likes this.