I bought gold for the first time in my life this year.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Russo, Oct 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Russo

David Russo Member

i put 80% of our savings into bullion US coins, and a few rolls of junk silver quarters. All this money printing and 50 million people out of a job (over 20 million of them PERMANENTLY unemployed cannot help but lead to massive levels of inflation. We've got much more to worry about than ammo shortages. I got concealable armor, night vision, night sights, suppressor, BOB gear, seeds, long term food. It's not a joke. I pray that I dont need this stuff. I hope that the long term food rots, but the odds of that happening are very low.

2. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Opens door.......slowly backs away.....

3. David Russo

David Russo Member

if I'm right, you're history. If I'm wrong, I'll have lost a few k $,at worst.

4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

David,

Welcome to our small corner of the internet. You will find this crowd is pretty laid back and friendly with a hugely diverse membership with skill levels in all kinds of fields that range from novice to recognised experts.

Take a moment to drop into the into thread and tell us a little about yourself and your interests...

https://eseeknives.com/forums/index.php?threads/introduce-yourself.2846/

Cheers

Andy

5. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Metals are fun and it's a good idea to have some as a store of value. I've been giving my kids 1 oz silver coins for bdays for years.
    80% of your savings seems like a lot but I obviously don't know your financials.
    As long as folks are getting their beans, bullets & bandaids bought first, so they can survive long enough for gold and silver to even be useful, then I encourage it.
    But yeah, you can't roll the presses 24/7/365 and not have that impact your economy in a negative way.
    We're gonna be in a lot of trouble.

6. David Russo

David Russo Member

it' not that large a sum, total, but I"m retired and cant stand the idea of losing money by doing nothing. with my savings. I've got the shtf basics covered, probably as well as any non-multimillionaire has. The country probably isn't going to fall apart instantly and if it does, only luck is going to save anyone. I think it'll take several years to finally devolve into a Venezuela thing. Here's the thing, tho. when the US falls, the world falls with it and the question will be, will the CCP launch nukes before letting themselves e hung or shot, as they so richly deserve?

Trump should never have agreed with letting the economy be shut down. He should be constantly putting out the message that he didnt agree and wants everyone to know who demanded it. Fauchi is a scamster. If we are again to have an economy, it will have to be based upon gold. Govts are never going to allow Bitcoin to continue to be un-conrolled (by govt) and private. It's probably been co-opted by govt already. I'm not putting a dime into something that can vanish over an EMP, net shutdown, etc.

7. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

8. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

9. IW17

IW17 Member

Well, it was a good run.

Zeek and Drew RedBear like this.
  10. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

RIP

Rich275 likes this.
  12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I think David was just hanging on a little tight.....

Drew RedBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.