Honcho Poncho from Thermarest

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by C99c, Dec 8, 2019.

1. C99c

C99c Member

https://www.thermarest.com/products/quilts-and-blankets/honcho-poncho/honcho-poncho-new.html

Anyone messed with these yet? I'm thinking about doing something stupid next year (multi-day race where it might be 75 degrees or it might be 25 with deep snow) and am looking at various versatile layer/sleep options.

I think the Honcho Poncho is probably not as good an idea as just carrying an UL sleeping quilt and bivy and a separate puffy jacket, but don't want to rule it out all together.

JV3 likes this.
  2. C99c

C99c Member

Scratch that. A friend just got back to me and and said that the bulk to warmth ratio is not in the serious gear catagory.

Looks neat for car camping and such, though.

JV3 likes this.
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

reminds me of hpg's mountain serape with the dual purpose poncho and quilt/bag.

that kind of temp range is brutal though and it's right up mtwarden's experience.

4. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

I have one. It's not very durable and it's been designated to couch truck or tent.. I may wander for a pee and for coffee in it but that's it. It packs to a perfect pillow size so it does have dual use there. Unzips to a good weight summer blanket also that can sleep 2 if you snuggle

5. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Slept under mind in +1 temp lastnight and woke up soaked with sweat. It's holding its own so far

6. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

It doesn't compress the smallest that's forsure .. but it's packable

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.