GVW

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Strigidae, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Just learned ive got 1495# to play with to be safe on the 4runner. Seems like ill hit that easy with a full load.

Zeek likes this.
  2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

yep...its not hard to do.......tools, recovery gear, camping gear, camp kitchen, spare fuel, water, coolers, food, etc add up quickly.

my basic load out for a overnighter in the Jeep tops 1200 lbs. (Skottle, propane tank, chuck boxes, coolers, beer, ice, food, sleeping gear, tarps, tools, spare fluids, spare diesel, recovery gear, FAK, spill kit, CO2 PowerTank and Tire repair kit etc).

Its why i'm leaning towards a full on 1 ton truck with Dana 60's front and rear.

3. Chuy

Chuy Member

Sounds like you need an 80 series Land Cruiser! I have tried a lot of different 4x4's over the year and I think my happy/safe zone is something slightly larger than a 5th gen 4Runner. When I was a Jeep owner I probably carried 4x the amount of tools compared to what I carry now. The Jeeps use so many different fasteners metric and imperial. I can pretty much get by with a small tool roll and a hand full of sockets and wrenches 10mm, 12mm, & 14mm are crazy common in the Yotas.

Strigidae likes this.