Gear Deals - On Sale Now

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by jbs121s, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

2. erik

erik Member

Spec-Ops is clearancing their recon ruck ultra for $45 + shipping (when I checked, it was $5 to me USPS parcel post). OD or Black

jbs121s, Michael W., Zeek and 2 others like this.
  3. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Not an "on-sale" item, but just too cool to not share. It's a pullover hoodie, made from the same materials as a military poncho liner. $60 and comes in plain or camo.
    https://perseverancesurvival.com/bags/

IW17, jbs121s, BigJake and 4 others like this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Oh thats cool!

Bushman5 likes this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I agree! This just solved a space and weight problem i had in the L.R.R.P.R. webbing! there was not enough room for a poncho liner...........

just ordered the gun metal grey version. $100 CDN after exchange rate and $16 USPS shipping.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  6. Rich275

Rich275 Member

"just ordered the gun metal grey version. $100 CDN after exchange rate and $16 USPS shipping."

I made the mistake of showing this to my wife, who reminded me that I recently bought a soft shell from OR and already have two .mil field jacket liners. "But, but, but, it's got a hood!" She told me I was in "jacket buying time-out."
    Looking forward to a review:)

7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

will do a review!

don't let that whip be cracked Bro! :D:D:D:D:D hide a large #10 coffee can in the garage, and throw everything under $10 into it. Your own personal GEAR money bank ;)

8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

jbs121s likes this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

not so much a gear deal , but a great price in CAD $$$ for a George Tichebourne knife.........for those that know knives.....George was a Canadian Knifemaker, well known for his use of 440C steel and his heat treat and knife builds were incredible. George passed on a few years ago.

one of the few webpages left up by his wife Carol : LINK

Older knife collector in White Rock BC Canada is selling this beauty. I'd buy it, if it was one of Georges bigger hunting knives, but this one is not my thing.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/spo/d/george-tichbourne-skinning/6679330714.html

I do not know the seller, or if he will ship to the US .....but if someone wants this knife and the seller wont ship to the US, I can help out the buyer if they paypal me the funds and i'll box it up and ship it tracked , insured and signature required via Canada Post.

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

GLAMPING SALE still ON! some seriously good deals, esp if you use paypal and USD. Our Canuck Loonie SUCKS bigtime right now......take advantage of our crippled dollar and get LOOT!

For the record I do not work for DS Tactical, but the lads and lassies have treated me VERY WELL with gear deals for over 20 years now.

11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

12. Hammer

Hammer Member

jbs121s and DiscoveryLover like this.
  13. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

jbs121s and BigJake like this.
  14. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Dutchware is having a fall sale on some tarps and other things. 10-20% off.

jbs121s likes this.
  15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

16. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Had this passed to me by a friend,
    Merrell 20% off code is merrellfall20. You get 20%, free shipping and returns.

Kaw-liga and Strigidae like this.
  17. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

jbs121s, Kaw-liga and Zeek like this.
  18. Rich275

Rich275 Member

jbs121s and Bushman5 like this.
  19. Rich275

Rich275 Member

jbs121s likes this.
  20. Benson X

Benson X Member

Just as a follow-up on my post from the "Black Friday Deals" thread - I got my order from First Tactical and I gotta say this company is pretty top-notch. I am thoroughly impressed with the whole purchase. Each item was individually packaged and the order included a pre-paid return label if anything should need to be returned/exchanged.
    [​IMG]
    • The pants are surprisingly well-constructed. There could be a few more strategically-placed pockets, but they have some cools features: flexible waistband, Teflon-treated, reinforced pockets and seams, expandable elastic cargo pockets, inner pockets (inside the cargo pockets), top lanyard loops on the main pockets (for keys etc.), reinforced knees with openings for pads, double ripstop, and gusseted crotch.

• The black undershirts are perfect and awesome. Tagless, nice elastic collar that won't stretch out, nice stitching and very soft feel.

• The socks are not 100% Merino wool, but they are very soft/comfortable, fit very well and warm but breathable.
    All in all, I'm VERY stoked on this order. Really good clothes for super cheap...ridiculously cheap:

(2) Pairs of socks
    (2) Pairs of Pants
    (6) Black Undershirts
    for $45 SHIPPED w/ Free returns.

It looks like they are still running this deal if anyone is looking for cheap duty/everyday clothes or need to get some Xmas gifts: https://www.firsttactical.com/collections/sale

EDIT/UPDATE (12/6/18)
    I wanted to give (another) update about these items.
    • One pair of the BDU pants had a failure. One of the interior pockets (inside the right cargo pocket) had crappy stitching and came undone completely. It didn't affect the other interior pocket, or the cargo pocket, but it did make that second pocket useless and annoying.

• The T-Shirts I ordered are great in all categories (fit, quality, etc.), except they are WAY too long to wear untucked. I bought size Large, and they fit my frame/build perfectly, but the shirts extend about 6 inches below any jacket or overshirt I'm wearing. If I tuck them in, there is an excess of fabric to wade through when I need to piss, and it'll bunch up and look like I have a load in my pants. I exchanged them for a Medium size to see if the length is any better. Otherwise, I may return them.
    I contacted customer service today, which was an easy/quick call to get a new pair of pants mailed out and get the okay to return the T-Shirts. Overall, still very pleased with this company; they have great customer service and are easy to work with.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Odinborn likes this.