First Lite Gear

Discussion in 'Hunting and Fishing' started by Ancient6000, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Ancient6000

Ancient6000 Member

Who uses it? I’ve been wanting to up grade my hunting clothes from the 1980’s era cold weather army surplus stuff I have. I refuse to pay Sitka prices and other gear I have gotten either doesn’t last or does work as good as my army surplus stuff. First Lite seems middle of the ground.

2. W.Jester

W.Jester Member

I’m investing into some huntworth clothing at the end of the season. A bit more budget oriented than sitka and first lite however I’ve heard awesome reviews on them. I can’t in good conscience pay that much for hunting clothes. I’ve done fairly well with run of the mill basic clothes over the years however I want to upgrade and get something that’s windproof and moderately scent proof.

3. WCT

WCT Member

I have a pair of their gaiters - the bramblers. I love em. They held up really well marching through 5’ high tumbleweed and army crawling through sagebrush. I also have a merino beanie, the kiln 250. It’s great. I haven’t used have any of their tops/bottoms, but so far the quality is there. They have sales pretty regularly as well.