Day Hike and New Hammock Test

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by ThreeRidges, Apr 27, 2018.

1. ThreeRidges

ThreeRidges Member

Last weekend I took some time to get out for a day hike in a local state park. Did a familiar loop trail with the dog, and went off trail for a lunch break and the opportunity for me to test a new hammock setup. It’s a Dutchware 11 foot netless made from a special order fabric, Robic 1.2 XL (wide). Dutch and his staff are super easy to deal with, after emailing them it was as simple as ordering the fabric from Ripstop by the Roll, having shipped to Dutch, and less than a week later the hammock was on its way to me. A bit over 9 ounces in weight and a 250 weight limit.
    Here’s a photo of the set up, it’s pitched too short but it was a quick lunch stop

91500231-1F09-494E-B7ED-9BD9FCD83346.jpeg

Here’s a shot of the lightweight suspension, Kevlar tree huggers and Dutch clips, with hammock anchors spliced onto Amsteel

0D6665D6-A129-4BD8-906A-FE88DFC4CAA6.jpeg

Really happy with this setup, weighs next to nothing and I have a lightweight bug net I can add if needed. Thanks for looking

R Stowe, Bushman5, Adventurer and 3 others like this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I really like your tree straps!!! Im gonna upgrade mine now. Got strap jealousy.

3. Mbshooter

Mbshooter Member

Dutch makes some great gear. I've been lucky enough to meet him a couple times at hangcon. Great customer service.