Condor knives

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Drew RedBear, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Since I'm in a limited budget I was thinking of getting a condor bushlore for camping/fire use as a temporary user knife since they're only around $50. Had anyone had good experience with these? Edge retention, breakage, that kind of thing. Thanks

mwramos76 likes this.
  2. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

I’ve had their Bushlore and kephart. Both were great knives. Definitely worth the price in my opinion.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Ok cool, thank you

4. Neilsen

Neilsen Member

I had the Kephart. I thought it was great for the price. It batoned a lot of kindling and cut a lot of bales and bags and rope.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  5. erik

erik Member

I got one in a secret santa type knife trade that I'll never use -- it needs a decent sheath and the guy who gave it to me redid the handles to fit his hand, so they may need some shaping.

PM me your address if you want it.

beestokk, Twoody88, on edge and 2 others like this.
  6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Pm sent

7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I finally had a chance to play around with the bushlore and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it. I'm not sure if they originally come with a convexed edge but this one has one. I batoned, made feather sticks, stabbed, chopped (light stuff), modified the sheath (cutting) and sliced and the edge held up really well. It'll still cut paper after, just not as it used to of course and no chips in the edge. I've never worked with a convexed edge either so it's new to me with that. The handle was pretty comfortable minus a small hotspot that was remedied easy. It strops to shaving sharp very easy as well. 20201108_085100.jpg 20201108_085231.jpg 20201108_153815.jpg

erik, Twoody88, Strigidae and 3 others like this.