Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Bushman5
    @Twoody88

The "problem" neighbor has officially stepped it up a notch...

Last year I had told him that I was concerned with him putting a hunting plot running straight at my house. As in the direction his hunting blind faces and he shoots is directly in line with my house. The plot ends about 275 from my house.(That number is important) His tree stand was about 300 feet from the end of the foot plot. So as long as he was shooting only archery he was 575 feet away and then it would be safe for my family.

SO yesterday the neighbor decided to move his tree stand to the end of the food plot closest to the house so he could hunt with a rifle . He placed it parallel to the plot not even at the end facing away from my house.

He might think he is being smart BUT he screwed up!

State law says you are prohibiting from hunting with a Bow and Arrow within 100 yards (300 feet) of someone else's residence.

State law also says you are prohibited from hunting with a Firearm within 300 yards (900 feet) of someone else's residence.

As I can easily see the tree stand from my porch in its new location i decided to measure how far away it is..

The tree stands "New Location" that he intends to hunt with a rifle from is AT MOST 285 feet from my house....

If this guy didn't have at least 3 other food plots at least 5 or 6 other tree stands and probably at least 50 acres of land that he could hunt on... I might be willing to work with the guy...

Now... Not so much.....

Bushman5 and Twoody88 like this.
  2. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Well if the nice hunting season wake up calls your other neighbour's have set up do their job at least you know your all safe LOL.

Bushman5 and RocketmanDane like this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Massive ManHunt in CANADA!

10 dead, 15 plus wounded severely in stabbing attack

10 dead, at least 15 injured in Saskatchewan multiple stabbings: RCMP

suspects
    7545B8D2-924D-4268-A2FA-C3AFD7998966.jpeg

MELFORT, JAMES SMITH CREE NATION AND REGINA — A stabbing rampage on and near a Saskatchewan First Nation on Sunday left 10 people dead and at least 15 injured, while a province-wide manhunt continued into the night for two suspects.

"It is horrific what has occurred in our province today,” Rhonda Blackmore, assistant commissioner in charge of Saskatchewan RCMP, told reporters in Regina.

According to Blackmore, police were investigating 13 crime scenes on the James Smith Cree Nation and the nearby village of Weldon, both of which are located northeast of Saskatoon. The stabbings were thought to be both targeted and random, she said. Blackmore asked that anyone else who was injured and who may have taken themselves to hospital come forward and speak with police.

A search was ongoing for suspects Damien Sanderson and Myles Sanderson. Damien is described as 5-foot-7 and 155 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. Myles is 6-foot-1 and 200 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. According to RCMP as well as a social media post, the suspects may be driving a black Nissan Rogue with SK plate 119 MPI.

Police would not confirm the relationship between the two men.

The elected leaders of the three communities that make up the James Smith Cree Nation, including the Chakastaypasin Band and the Peter Chapman Band, declared a local state of emergency on Sunday.

Chakastaypasin Chief Calvin Sanderson said he’d left his phone off on Sunday morning and only learned of the tragic events when community members came to his door to check on him.

Everyone’s been affected, he said.

“They were our relatives, friends. Mostly we’re all related here, so it’s pretty hard,” Sanderson said. “It’s pretty horrific.”

The Saskatchewan Health Authority said multiple patients were being treated at several sites.

“A call for additional staff was issued to respond to the influx of casualties,” authority spokeswoman Anne Linemann said in an email.
    “We are dedicating a maximum number of resources to this investigation,” Blackmore said.

What we know so far

The stabbings occurred early Sunday in James Smith Cree Nation and nearby Weldon. The Saskatchewan Health Authority activated its emergency Code Orange response to handle the large number of casualties.

James Smith Cree Nation is located 58 kilometres east of Prince Albert. The band’s website says the on-reserve population is estimated to be 1,892. The village of Weldon is about 30 kilometres southwest of James Smith.

The First Nation declared a local state of emergency late Sunday, which is to remain in effect until Sept. 30. Two emergency operations centres have been set up to provide mental health support, James Smith Cree Nation’s leadership said in a media release.

This is the second time in two years that tragedy has struck the First Nation Nation on Labour Day weekend. In 2021, a manhunt for a lone suspect in a shooting incident who killed two people and injured another ended in an arrest without incident.

An RCMP alert around 12 p.m. on Sunday said the two suspects had been seen in the Arcola Avenue area of Regina and said residents there should consider sheltering in place.

At the Regina press conference, Blackmore gave a timeline of RCMP reaction to the incident.

5:40 a.m. – RCMP receives multiple calls from James Smith Cree Nation about stabbings at different locations.

7:12 a.m. – Saskatchewan RCMP issues dangerous persons alert, says police trying to locate two suspects. Area residents of James Smith Cree Nation and surrounding communities of Candle Lake, Prince Albert, Melfort, Humboldt and Rosthern told to seek immediate shelter, use caution.

7:57 a.m. – RCMP releases names and photos of suspects: Damien Sanderson and Myles Sanderson. Damien Sanderson is described as five-feet-seven inches, 155 pounds with black hair, brown eyes. Myles Sanderson was described as six-feet-one inch, 200 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

8:20 a.m. – RCMP extends dangerous persons alert to province of Saskatchewan, saying the suspects are believed to be travelling in a vehicle.

9:45 a.m. – RCMP issues fourth dangerous persons alert saying there have been multiple victims in multiple locations, at least one at James Smith Cree Nation and another victim at Weldon. Some of the attacks appear to be random.

11:25 a.m. – RCMP sends request to Mounties in Manitoba and Alberta to extend dangerous persons alert to their provinces.

12:07 p.m. – RCMP issues fifth update saying witnesses report seeing suspect vehicle in Regina on Arcola Ave. Residents asked to shelter in place. The vehicle is described as a black Nissan Rogue with Saskatchewan license plate 119 MPI.

3:45 p.m. – RCMP announces 10 people have been killed and 15 others injured in the attacks, which they say took place across 13 locations.

SHA response

The SHA put out a call for additional staff to “respond to the influx of casualties,” spokesperson Anne Lindemann said in an emailed statement.

“We can confirm that multiple people are being triaged and cared for at multiple sites. … We are unable to confirm additional details,” she said.

Police in a news release mid-morning said it was “a rapidly evolving situation.” A shelter in place order was issued and multiple STARS air ambulances were dispatched. Three helicopters and crew were sent — two from Saskatoon and one from Regina, Mark Oddan, STARS communications officer, said in an emailed statement.
    The first Saskatoon aircraft was dispatched at 5:58 a.m., and the second and third were dispatched at 6:45 a.m. and 6:47 a.m.

“The first crew from Saskatoon did an initial triage of patients on-scene, while the second brought a transport physician to scene to further triage and help lead the response, and that aircraft would later transport a patient from Melfort Hospital,” the statement said.

“Crew reported multiple other patients were taken via ground ambulance to Prince Albert, Nipawin and Melfort hospitals. The three STARS aircraft/crew each transported one patient to Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon — two from the scene and one from Melfort hospital (who had been brought to hospital from the scene via ground ambulance).”

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

This is rapidly changing / ongoing right now here in Canada

these lads (perps) are on a death spree

5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I hope they have the commitment… But I am thinking they will tone it down for rifle season… That’s when I am going to Get concerned…

Either way he cannot legally hunt from his newly moved tree stand. Looks like I’ll just have to talk to the game warden, Hopefully he will be able to help resolve the situation peacefully..

Twoody88 likes this.
  6. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

7. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

Look at this big ole crazy bastard!
    Never saw one before. Thing was at least 4 inches long.
    Supposed to be a Hickory Horned Devil Caterpillar for the Regal Moth.
    [​IMG]

Delkancott and Strigidae like this.
  8. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

That is freaking insane!!!!!!

DiscoveryLover likes this.
  9. ASH

ASH Member

I got my sewing machine motorized and running. I just have to build a foot pedal and learn to sew.

IMG_20220911_203828506.jpg

Sean, Bushman5, Strigidae and 3 others like this.
  10. ASH

ASH Member

My prototype foot control works.
    IMG_20220912_004913922.jpg

Sean, Bushman5 and Strigidae like this.
  11. ASH

ASH Member

12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Nice gin collection! :p

ASH likes this.
  13. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Last night's view. 20220911_210103.jpg

14. ASH

ASH Member

Wine bottles get expensive and I don't have time to learn to blow glass too.

I upgraded my foot control, by replacing the bolts with some that fit better and I put a large paddle on the pedal. IMG_20220912_214623489.jpg

Bushman5 likes this.
  15. ASH

ASH Member

It sews better than I do.

IMG_20220912_214734915.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Several blocks away from me, a recent young man immigrant who fled Afghanistan a few months ago, and came to Canada as a refugee, started a new better life here.

He worked as a labourer for less than $30 a day here, bought a bike and started doing deliveries for a food service company.

He has only been here for a few months in Vancouver, has no friends, no help, no support, yet is working close to 20 hours a day delivering food on his bike.

He was picking up an food order in Chinatown here in Vancouver, he locked his bike up, picked up the hot food, and was about to unlock his bike and deliver the order. He was violently stabbed 9 times in the chest, throat, legs, arms by a drugged out junkie with a lengthy criminal history.

He was bleeding out, and as many as 7 bystanders provided trauma first aid.

While he was being treated by bystanders, before trauma ambulance arrived, he was calling his food customer on his cell, apologizing for the delay in food delivery. He was bleeding out from multiple deep neck/throat/chest/leg etc stab wounds , and his only concern was calling the customer whose food order this man was about to deliver.

I'm absolutely shocked, saddened by this very recent event. A young man fleeing terror in the Middle East , fled to our country of Canada for a better life. He literally started working within hours of arriving as a refugee. He did nothing but try to better himself . And he was almost murdered.

I want more people like this man in my country. People so grateful to flee to Canada that they make it a better place.

the medical nurse who first treated his serious injuries on the street, as well as many others , have started a GoFundMe for this young man, to help cover his rent, wage loss, food, medical care, counselling etc.

Please consider donating, even ifs it just a dollar or two.
    The young man does not speak English well, has no one here to be friends with (I'm reaching out to him personally thru the local Afghan community to help any way I can, to be there for him as a friend) and he is in bad shape after the knife attack.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/fundraiser-vancouver-stabbing-victim

GOFUNDME website for this young man

DiscoveryLover likes this.
  17. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

350 degrees is the danger temp for the heat treat correct?

18. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I asked Shane and he said hed keep it under 300.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  19. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

OK cool, thank you and that shouldn't be an issue.

20. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

What happened to the site?