Browning Ammunition

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by JAD, Sep 29, 2016.

1. JAD

JAD Member

I recently read about Browning's latest foray into their own branded ammo. It's a collaboration with Winchester. They are covering rimfire, centerfire in many pistol rounds, shotgun and some rifle rounds.

One of the better local gun shops here in STL is having a big Walther Sales day this weekend and I see that they are running specials on new Browning centerfire rounds as well. The only advertised price they have in the newspaper is 9mm in 115gr FMJ, 50 rds at $10.99/box

I will be picking some up and let you guys know what I think.

2. C99c

C99c Member

JMJ likes this.
  3. JMJ

JMJ Member

4. C99c

C99c Member

I don't buy 20 or 25 round boxes of HPs unless it's just stupid cheap and generally avoid stuff like this but I guess it's always better to have new ammo coming out than the alternative.

JMJ likes this.
  5. JMJ

JMJ Member

I'm very much the same way, and have stuck with the 50rnd winchester ranger white box 40sw 180 jhp bonded for years. Hard to beat $25/50rnd with the SXT bullet(upgraded non-coated Black talon), for my 10mm I've had to buy some 25rnd boxes but the supply of 50rnd offering is starting to increase.

C99c likes this.
  6. C99c

C99c Member

I'm a fan of HSTs and Gold Dots and fortunately my LGS is good about having them in my preferred 124+P and 147 grain weights. I also order decent quantities online from time to time when possible.

I believe the last time I bought small boxes (other than the Golden Sabers Remington ran a deal on semi-recently) was when Winchester released the PDX loads and I had a credit at Cabelas, which had to be ten years ago or so.