BMW G650X Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delkancott, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

So I’ve wanted an enduro style bike for quite a long time. Never owned any motorcycle and don’t have a ton of experience riding one (although I have a lot of hours behind a various numbers of non-car wheels and levers). Opportunity presented itself yesterday to pick up a BMW G650X cheap (with a known voltage issue). This would be my first bike. Mostly for booting around town and along the coast here. Have done a bit of reading. Any experience from the group here? If it helps, I’m 6,2” about 220 so height of an enduro shouldn’t be an issue. Asking price is $1000 with 3500 miles on it.

Adventurer likes this.
  2. ASH

ASH Member

That sounds like a steal, but I have never worked on a bmw bike. The only thing about that style of bike is the height and weight tends to make them less beginner friendly. I doubt that it's a real heavy bike but they tend to be top heavy. They are also a little porky for off roading.

Delkancott likes this.
  3. ASH

ASH Member

That's actually a lot lighter bike than I expected. 317 dry is pretty dang good. But it is tall, almost 37" seat height.

53hp in a 350 pound bike should be fast.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Delkancott likes this.
  4. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Thanks for the replies. I trust the guy selling it as he's a friend and wasn't looking to sell until I showed interest in getting my own bike. Just trying to prepare myself for all the other things I'd have to spend money on too.

5. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

I've always wanted to get an onroad/offroad motorcycle to drive around for fun / short trips. Maybe some day.... Keep us updated with your decision and maybe post some fun pics... :D

Delkancott likes this.
  6. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

0572802D-4477-4AC6-BF08-5068D244FCC0.jpeg

Strigidae and ASH like this.