Benchmade Leuku - Pics & First Impression

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by CCMI, Sep 16, 2021.

1. CCMI

CCMI Member

Benchmade 202 Leuku
    CPM-3V steel, 5.19 blade length, 0.14" thickness

Saw this for the first time recently and love the blade profile - something with the way the sabre grind widens towards the end. I know it's not really a traditional lekku blade, but that's not why I bought it doesn't bother me. First impression is that I really like it.

Reminds me a bit of the Fallkniven S1 with a different steel, V grind instead of convex, and slightly different handle. I had a post on the old site comparing the F1 and S1, maybe I'll do a more in depth post some day comparing the S1 to the BM Leuku.

Comfortable in hand and factory edge was very sharp. It doesn't carve or make feather sticks quite as easily as the S1 and about comparable to the ESEE-6. I think that's largely due to the grind difference, but being slightly thinner stock than the S1 negates some of that. Stropping will help that I'm sure.

Pretty lightweight, with no sheath I weighed it at 5.25 oz. For comparison the S1 was 6.74oz and the ESEE-6 with TKC G10 scales was 12.92oz.

Cutting edge is between the ESEE-4 and 6, and almost spot on with the S1. Leather sheath is not my favorite and I'll probably replace it eventually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Creaky Bones, Skip808, erik and 3 others like this.