Belt worn bleeder kit pouches

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Bushman5, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Ok, been wearing my ITS Tactical "Tall-Boy" GSW/Slash trauma kit pouch on my belt (EDC) for a while now......

I barely notice it, its part of my daily routine, half the time i forget about it until it snags on something, but damn does everyone else notice.........

100% of local and rural Emergency Responders (LEO/EMT/FIRE/etc) have had nothing but good things to say, mostly Thank You's for being a medically aware / prepared Civilian. Some have commented that they don't even have a kit like that in their patrol cars.....(why not??? :confused:) . Most are curious about the contents and are impressed with the pouch layout and usage.

however the general public....the comments have been interesting......keep in mind I live in Vancouver BC Canada, where 99.99999999% of the population do not EDC carry guns or knives or even flashlights. So when someone like me walks thru the supermarket with a LED light, holstered folder knife, and my EDC bleeder kit, people notice and are like WTF?

I get stares, concerned looks, questions like "what are you doing? why do you have all that?" "are you a cop/military/EMT/Fire? etc" "is there an emergency?" "everything ok buddy? , not only about the bleeder kit, but about something as simple as a flashlight. "why do you need a flashlight?" "why do you carry a knife, thats a weapon" etc etc etc .

I have been in a MAJOR outdoor supply store here on the weekend, and have been asked by incredulous people, "why do you have a knife or a flashlight? " when i tell them that they are simply tools I use every day, I get the response "who needs a knife or a flashlight every day?" or "knives are illegal in Canada" or "why would anyone carry a first aid kit on them?" <<<(yes...i got that once)

These are people who are outdoorsy types, buying the latest hiking gear for the outdoors, yet a knife is a weapon, or a flashlight is just odd....., they have no clue about basic tools.....let alone being prepared for medical emergencies (that's what a cell phone is for :rolleyes:) Thats what I deal with......DAILY

so rant aside............as much as i like this ITS pouch and my other pouches (HSGI pistol mag pouches) that hold my knife and flashlight , I need something that can carry a full GSW/Slash kit (with TQ) , and a folder and led flashlight, and sit against my back much lower profile than the current rig. (sticks out over 3", even under a super loose jacket it prints, hell it bulges out...looks like i'm hiding a cat or something. )

pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd rather not have to carry a backpack every day (although i do have a "student backpack" (5.11 COVRT) that is quite comfy), just to carry these three items....I want a LOW profile belt pouch, 1" or less thick, that will hold my GSW/Slash kit and both the knife and led light.,....

thoughts? I've checked out everything from Tactical tailor, HSGI, DS Tactical, DARK ANGEL MEDICAL, Blue Force Gear, SOE, Condor, and about 4 dozen others.....

Zeek likes this.
  2. chorpie

chorpie Member

It's not gonna happen, unless you start carrying a fanny pack which seems to be coming back into style, sadly.

Bcamos, Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  3. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Good on you for carrying something like this. I have hours and hours of trauma training and have had the good/bad luck to put it to use. I have gear in my vehicles, but don't carry on my person.
    Have you given thought to carrying a small day pack?

4. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I think you're in small bag territory with something that big. I use my Kifaru E&E as my EDC backpack. I had to add a couple pouches to fit my needs but it's great.

Zeek likes this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Yes , used to all the time , but a lot of places make you check your bags here.

Kits useless if it's in coat check or a locker.

6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

It's not even a complete trauma kit though. It's just an izzy dressing, cling gauze wrap, 1" duct tape roll , nitrile gloves and a TQ. Still packs 9" x 3.5" x 5"............