Another Sad Outcome

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, May 4, 2019.

1. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

2. Caleb O

Caleb O Member

Picacho Peak is a really rough and exposed state park....like really exposed. I wasn't surprised at all when I read were it happened. I ran into a guy whom the park rangers were treating for heat exhaustion in that exact park on the exact trail. Guy had ran out of water, was probably too embarrassed to ask anyone for some, and thought he could make it back to the parking lot (and he almost did). Fortunately that story had a better ending. AZ Desert is unforgiving, and sometimes there just isn't water. Always carry more than you think you'll need. Sad story.

3. Mudman

Mudman Member

Sad indeed, theres been a huge spike in those seeking the outdoors due to social media. Theres been a bike spike in survival/ bushcraft skills learning as well, unfortunately at a much slower pace. Hopefully it catches up.

I love seeing people get outside and enjoy the outdoors. But I despise seeing the ones wearing next to nothing- be it guy or girl, carrying nothing more than their cell phone and a 16oz bottle of water.

Zeek likes this.
  4. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

this is VERY VERY PREVALENT where i live........

Zeek and BlueDogScout like this.
  6. Black5

Black5 Member

We are having more deaths and injuries in my neck of the woods from people falling off bluffs.

Always in search of the best selfie...