another overnighter: jet sled jr.

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by JV3, Mar 8, 2021.

1. JV3

JV3 Member

i finally stopped procrastinating and built a gear sled...whoa, i should've done it sooner...hauling a ton of firewood to camp was a breeze.

[​IMG]

we tested the limits of the sled and it was begging for more weight.

[​IMG]

i even brought a porlex coffee bean grinder and aeropress :D

[​IMG]

yoshimitsu fugen 150 mm (5.9" blade) petty knife in white #1.

[​IMG]

breaking-in my field skillet #6 (8 3/8" diameter).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fuel for the hike out.

[​IMG]

all i need now is rudolph :D

[​IMG]

i'm glad i went for the jet sled jr. rather than the paris expedition...the high sides prevented water from coming in while crossing streams where i'm sure the paris' nose would've dipped below the water line. i just powered through terrain like this without much trouble at all. i think the only upgrade it needs is a fin in the back side since climbing up steep hills it tended to slide sideways...definitely worth every penny.

[​IMG]

KnOeFz, CCMI, Jeremiah Jones and 4 others like this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Howd you like the aero press sir?

JV3 likes this.
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm not a coffee enthusiast (but i like caffeine so i don't mind if it's from a soda, instant or dunkin donuts coffee) but aero press is more flavorful to me compared to the soto coffee drip (just a wire shaped in a cone to hold a filter up over the cup) and definitely stronger! normally, i'd fill that grinder up to the brim but with the press i need to back off 25%.

it's also more fun to be honest...just another thing to play with at camp while watching the fire.

Jeremiah Jones, C99c and Strigidae like this.