Allen/Hex wrench question

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Traditionalist, May 10, 2022.

1. Traditionalist

Traditionalist Member

I'm having a heck of a time finding the correct size allen wrench for my ESSE 4hm and 6. 3/32" is NOT big enough. I've got a decent homeowner selection of both SAE and metric wrenches, but I'll be darned if I can remove the scales on those two knives. My Izula 2 and Junglas are a breeze, and the Laser Strike has great fasteners right from the factory. I've searched this forum and the interwebs, and the answer seems to come back 3/32," but that's not working for me. My next move will be to entertain the local hardware store with a couple knives in hand. At least it won't be the Junglas. ;)

IF I have to visit a hardware store (ACE), then I'll also work at replacing the hardware with slot-head screws, and stainless if that's an option. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

2. otis

otis Member

try torx, i don't remember the size.

3. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

3/32” has always worked for me. I would try another Allen wrench before you give up on the stock Chicago screws.

4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

T15 i think.

Pulled from the esee store:

"This is for replacement handle and component attachment hardware only (screws, nuts and washers where applicable). Use the drop down tab to select the handle model or component that you need replacement hardware for. You can also select the T15 Wrench Set if you need the wrenches to install the hardware. Please note the T15 Wrench set does not fit the following hardware: Junglas, Junglas-II, CL1 Cleaver, Laser Strike . Photo shown is for reference only and may not be the same as the hardware you order. No dealer or OEM orders allowed. Note: It is advisable to use a drop of Lock Tite on screw threads when assembling."

Traditionalist likes this.
  5. Traditionalist

Traditionalist Member

Thanks guys, I'll try the T15. Two different brands of 3/32" allen wrenches are too small.

6. Traditionalist

Traditionalist Member

We have a winner............................the T15 torx bit works. Thank you for the assisntance.

Strigidae likes this.