Affordable clone of Spartan/Benchmade SOCP Dagger

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by borrowed time, Mar 26, 2024.

1. borrowed time

borrowed time Member

I just received a low cost clone of the overpriced Benchmade SOCP Dagger from Amazon that I ordered. I'm pleasantly surprised as to how good the quality of the Dagger and kydex sheath is.

The brand is HUAAO SOCP Fixed Blade Dagger with Green Kydex Sheath. There are options for other colors of knife and sheath.

upload_2024-3-26_16-45-32.png

[​IMG]
    Price was $22.99 not including shipping. The Benchmade starts at $108! I got it a day early, fast shipping!

Having now handled both, I'm wondering if the HUAAO version are just Benchmade seconds? The blade wasn't very sharp, but was quickly sharpened on my diamond hone. I stabbed it hard several times into solid particle board and gave it a little bit of side to side and the tip held up.

The sheath is good solid kydex or plastic type material, again, I couldn't tell the difference between the B.M. and this one. The sheath is a tight fit, but is getting less so as I work the knife in & out. However, I can tell it will keep the Dagger safely in it no matter the conditions. The clip is strong and when the sheath is broke in just a little it will stay in your pocket or on your Mollie gear when the knife is drawn. This knife will work for its intended purpose of getting someone off of you and get distance in order to draw your pistol. Also, like the B.M. you can draw your pistol with the knife still in your hand.

All things considered, I would recommend the purchase if you're in the market for this type of knife. Also, I saved about $80 to $85 over the Benchmade. I've wanted that B.M. since it came out, this is a good substitute.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    SofTwoody88 likes this.
  2. ASH

ASH Member

It's definitely not a Benchmade second. They make the seconds in the US just like the rest of them.

KnOeFz and borrowed time like this.
  3. borrowed time

borrowed time Member

I won't buy any more clones of other knives as I have my Esees and American made Gerbers, I just really wanted this type of Dagger but couldn't justify paying $108 to $175 depending on the choice you pick. Due to disabilities I haven't got disposable income to buy the B.M..

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  4. borrowed time

borrowed time Member

Follow-up at 2 1/2 weeks of getting used to it.

It works great for pocket carry & draws easily and much faster than a folder with the neuropathy in my hands. The ring works very well in assisting drawing and retention of the knife.

The sheath works well after breaking in and it allows the draw without the sheath coming out.

The clip is sturdy and theres no sign of loosening after much pratice and the on and off clipping in the pocket.

The skeletonized knife is a good fit in the hand and also allows drawing a pistol with it still in the hand.

The blade sharpened well and allows cutting edges on both sides of the blade, allowing slash cuts along with stabbing ability.

Evaluation and final thoughts: I wish I could afford the real thing, especially with the trainer. But this clone is a very affordable option for self defense, more so for those with limiting factors for neuropathy, arthritis, muscle or tendon damage, etc. If you're in need of a self defense knife and you have financial limitations, this knife should fit your needs well.

Although I would rather have the Benchmade, it's just priced too high for what it is. I would say as for utility, they are equally effective.

If you get one, let me know how you like it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024