7 Days in Tibet

Discussion in 'EXPAT Knives®' started by Expat, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

This was on the other forum but I was going through some pics and figured I'd add a little cultural diversity to the Inbox.

My brother and I went and did some camping in Tibet. Up near Lake Namtso. It is a salt lake at about 15,000 feet, although we had to get through some passes in the Himalayas at around 16,500 or 17,000 if I recall correctly. Basically the roof of the world.

As sunny as it is in these photos, within minutes the sky turned completely black and lightning started hitting all around us. We abandoned our tents and took off running into the caves in the mountains where we spent a very loud night listening to thunder and wind. And about freezing to death. Only the heaviest of our gear was still there in the morning. One of the guys we were with (our translator) got altitude sickness and started babbling away. We had some spare oxygen bottles that we gave him but it didn't help much so we had to find some Tibetan yak herders with an old Land Cruiser and get us off the mountain to lower altitude. Then we had an enjoyable time in Lhasa eating spoiled meat and getting the runs. Seems like whenever I get the runs, I'm in a country with no sit-down toilets. #don'tskiplegday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lhasa:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

This where yall camped next to that salt lake? I remember the prayer and wish ribbons! I had tried to find this thread on the old forum without success! Free Tibet!

MarriedTheMedic and Creaky Bones like this.
  3. jeeter

jeeter Member

I saw a "Free Tibet" shirt once that was made in China. Oh, the irony.

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  4. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Probably in the same factory that makes Dali Lama dolls :)

MarriedTheMedic and jeeter like this.
  5. jeeter

jeeter Member

Good one, ROR.

MarriedTheMedic likes this.